[OJS 3.3.0-11] ORCID button missing

Hi @Dulip_Withanage,

after the update of the Orcid plugin (branch for OJS 3.3) the button “Create or Connect your ORCID-iD” is missing.
I have seen that the corresponding lines in the handleTemplateDisplay() function are missing. Is this a bug?
Is it safe to just add

switch ($template) {
                        case 'frontend/pages/userRegister.tpl':
                                $templateMgr->registerFilter("output", array($this, 'registrationFilter'));
                                break;
                }

?
Best Regards

Hi @ohilbig01
it is here https://github.com/pkp/orcidProfile/blob/stable-3_3_0/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php#L303

Hi Dulip,

thank you for the new version!
When I go to the registration page, the usual “Create or Connect your ORCID-iD” button is still missing. Or is that the default behavior now?

Regards

Hi everyone, I have noticed the same behaviour in the journals which I manage here at UNAM. We started to upgrade some journals to OJS v3.3.0.15 and installed the orcidProfile v1.1.3.10 from the plugin gallery and after of setting the plugin, we found the Connect ORCID ID button is missing on the register page. @Dulip_Withanage is it possible to get back the button?

It is important to mention that we are using the Sandbox Public API for testing and we noticed that the same button appears in the Profile > Public page.

Cross-posted: Connect button missing on register page · Issue #294 · pkp/orcidProfile · GitHub

@juancure, it’s best to post something like this to either the forum or github (I’d recommend starting with the forum in general), but if you do cross-post, please link the two posts together; that’ll help prevent duplicated effort.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I got it thanks for your answering @asmecher.

Hi everyone, I have noticed the same behavior in the journals on OJS v3.3.0.17 and installed orcidProfile v1.1.3.13 from the plugin gallery. After setting up the plugin, we discovered that the Connect ORCID ID button was missing on the registration page. Is it possible to recover the button? Does anyone have a possible solution? Additionally, I would like to point out that we are using the public Sandbox API for testing and we have noticed that the same button appears on the Profile > Public page. I am attaching the screenshots.

Hi @paolo_pellegrino

my solution was to add some lines in OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php:

function handleTemplateDisplay($hookName, $args) {
                $templateMgr =& $args[0];
                $template =& $args[1];
                $request = PKPApplication::get()->getRequest();

// Assign our private stylesheet, for front and back ends.
                $templateMgr->addStyleSheet(
                        'orcidProfile',
                        $request->getBaseUrl() . '/' . $this->getStyleSheet(),
                        array(
                                'contexts' => array('frontend', 'backend')
                        )
                );

+               switch ($template) {
+                      case 'frontend/pages/userRegister.tpl':
+                              $templateMgr->registerFilter("output", array($this, 'registrationFilter'));
+                               break;
+               }

return false;
        }

Maybe that helps,
Best regards