[OJS 3.2] lensGalley - XML unrecognised DAO

I just upgraded to OJS 3.2 and was testing the display of XML galleys. The server is running CentOS 7. OJS is served by nginx → fastCGI and php 7.2.

I found that when I loaded the XML galley, lens would hang on “loading article”. The console in firefox says: “SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data”.
The HTML for the lensGalley looks fine, downloading the XML file from “…/article/download/x/y” instead of “…/article/view/x/y”. So I tried downloading the XML file and instead of giving me the XML, it gives me an error message saying, “Unrecognized DAO ArticleDAO!”.

But if I go and view the submission in the dashboard, I can download the XML file from the link there, so I know the XML file is still on the server.

Any suggestions?

Hi @shaun,

Whoops, it looks like the Lens galley plugin missed some work before the OJS 3.2 release came out. Please see Fix Lens galley plugin · Issue #5570 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for details; there’s a patch there that should get your galleys working again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

Thanks! Everything is working now!