Ojs 3.2 latest version jun 20, manual payment plugin problem

Before you post your question, check out the user guides and video tutorials at PKP Docs and search the forum to see if someone else had the same question.

When you post your question give as much detail as possible, including the following:

• Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.2 latest version jun 20
  • Description of issue
    Manual plugin enabled for payment as we cannot use paypal. After accepting a demo article, i see option of asking for apc payment or waiver. However, after email is sent, I can’t see it anywhere as in ‘awaiting payments’ or something like that.

I know I have to manually record the payment but the article can be sent to production or publication regardless of payment or not and what is causing more problems is we can’t tick or select anything like paid manually.

• Steps you took leading up to the issue
    Enabled manual payment plugin as advised, testing with demo article

• What you tried to resolve the issue
    Searched all relevant spaces in journal

• Screenshots

• Error log messages if applicable

You can post in any language, but please note there is a Spanish OJS forum and a German category on this forum.

Hi @drswagatam,

The manual payment plugin isn’t really intended for production use by itself. In order to record payments, you’d have to insert them into the completed_payments database table (either manually or using some external system).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I don’t have any coding knowledge at all. Is there anyway to do something like the payment awaited and manually selecting paid like it was presumably in ojs 2 versions.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Hi @drswagatam,

Unfortunately, that’s not possible at the moment. I’ve filed it as a feature request: Add the ability to manually enter completed payments · Issue #6136 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for the request. You guys are doing an awesome job, highly appreciated.