[OJS 3.2.1-4 with postgres] Postgres is overloading the processor

Hi, I have OJS 3.2.1-4, postgres and php 7.2.
We are encountering this error that @Tarcisio_Pereira found in this post:

Some errors started to appear after trying to migrate to php 7.3, so we downgraded back to 7.2.
Postgres is overloading the processor and freezing the machine. Do you know what I could do?

Now, these are the errors that are showing up:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already in /var/www/ojs-3.2.1-4/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/illuminate/database/Connectors/Connector.php:70\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/ojs-3.2.1-4/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/illuminate/database/Connectors/Connector.php(70): PDO->__construct('pgsql:host=loca...', 'postgres', 'mypasswd', Array)\n#1 /var/www/ojs-3.2.1-4/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/illuminate/database/Connectors/Connector.php(46): Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\Connector->createPdoConnection('pgsql:host=loca...', 'postgres', 'mypasswd', Array)\n#2 /var/www/ojs-3.2.1-4/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/illuminate/database/Connectors/PostgresConnector.php(33): Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\Connector->createConnection('pgsql:host=loca...', Array, Array)\n#3 /var/www/ojs-3.2.1-4/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/illuminate/database/Connectors/ConnectionFactory.php(182): Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\PostgresConnector->connect(Array)\n#4 [internal function]: Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\ConnectionFactory->Illuminate\\Database\\C in /var/www/ojs-3.2.1-4/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php on line 664

I was also unable to update to version 3.3.0-6.

Regards

Hi @Adriano_Jose, it looks like this may be related to the configuration on your postgres server. This post includes a description of the issue as well as some guidance on how to discover what’s causing it: https://stackoverflow.com/a/13595817/1723499

1 Like