[OJS 3.2.1.4] Quick Submit plugin

Hello everyone,

Months ago, I setup a new instance of our OJS site as we had a corrupted database that would not function at all. Following assistance from numerous community members, we are up and running and working to restore individual article access to each of our published journals.

That being said, we are attempting to use the Quick Submit plugin on our OJS instance and are unable to select any PDF on the step for ‘Submission Galley’. We are able to input all other information without any hangups or error messages at all, however when we create a new Galley for the Quick Submit, regardless of selection for Published or Unpublished, it will not let us select a file to upload to the galley.

Below is the error message from this morning from our error.log

[16-Jul-2021 15:47:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getLocalizedAcronym() on null in ...ojs/cache/t_compile/0a2fd5de575587bfde917e697de9c2aa5619a9d2^642608917fb21577c3f7235b556979f3e7c86b25_0.app.controllersgridtaskstask..php:32
Stack trace:
#0 ...ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_607488de2cc5e2_69880342(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#1 ...ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#2 ...ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(216): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#3 ...ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(232): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(fa in ...ojs/cache/t_compile/0a2fd5de575587bfde917e697de9c2aa5619a9d2^642608917fb21577c3f7235b556979f3e7c86b25_0.app.controllersgridtaskstask..php on line 32

I’m not sure what needs to be done to address this. I’ve taken the following steps already in attempting to address the problem

1. Uninstalled the QuickSubmit plugin from the OJS installation through the OJS administration interface
  2. Removed the file information from our server instance in the plugin section
  3. Reinstalled the QuickSubmit plugin to our OJS instance

If anyone has any ideas what needs to be done, I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

@asmecher would you happen to have any insight into what steps we can take to address this issue?

Hi @charlescmyers

After remove and reinstalling your QuickSubmit plugin, have you cleared your [OJS_FOLDER]/cache/ and [OJS_FOLDER]/cache/t_compile/ folders from any *.php files? Maybe your OJS is using a cached system version and showing these errors to you:

#3 ...ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(232): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(fa in ...ojs/cache/t_compile/0a2fd5de575587bfde917e697de9c2aa5619a9d2^642608917fb21577c3f7235b556979f3e7c86b25_0.app.controllersgridtaskstask..php on line 32

Best,
Israel Cefrin
PKP Team

Hi @israel.cefrin ,

I’m going to test that out today, I didn’t not clear the /cache/ folder from any location when I uninstalled the plugin. Let me try that out and I’ll edit my comment with an update on what it looks like after I do that.

EDIT 2021-07-22T05:00:00Z

After deleting the plugin again, clearing all of the cache, signing back into the OJS instance, and reinstalling the QuickSubmit plugin, I’m still stuck with the same problem. When I attempted to upload the galley for the submission, it only gives me an option to Select Article Component without any option to upload a file, select anything other than the default Article Component selection, or anything.

My only other thought is to perform a full update from OJS 3.2.1.4. to 3.3.0.7 and see if that correctly addresses the problem.

What are my other options to get this perform correctly?

Thank you.

Good morning,

Following our attempt of clearing the cache and seeing no difference in the outcome for the QuickSubmit plugin, I decided to move forward with the OJS upgrade from 3.2.1.4 to the most recent version, 3.3.0.

However, now that I’m attempting the upgrade, I’m receiving a database error. I absolutely made sure to backup my database and folders before attempting this update and have restored the failed update multiple times, confirming that I have no issues restoring it back to working order.

The error I’m receiving is:

A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘227-submissionFileId’ for key ‘event_log_settings_pkey’ (SQL: update event_log_settings set setting_name = submissionFileId where setting_name = fileId)

Looking through that specific table, the event_log_settings I can see a variety of entries for the 227-submissionFileID that it’s referring to.
My question is can I simply drop that table and move forward with the upgrade? Do I need to keep this table data for any reason?

@asmecher If you might have insight into this as well, I would appreciate it.

EDIT 2021-07-26T05:00:00Z

I tried dropping the event_log_settings table, in addition to the event_log table and when I went to push through the update, I’m now receiving the following error

A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1215 Cannot add foreign key constraint (SQL: alter table submission_files add constraint submission_files_file_id_foreign foreign key (file_id) references files (file_id))

Any assistance would be welcome with this. We’d really like to get the QuickSubmit plugin to work and if this update address that I would like that to be done just as a nice additional bonus.
Thank you.

Hi @charlescmyers

OJS 3.3 requires that your database user has REFERENCES privilege granted. Have you granted it to the user?

Best,
Israel

Hello,

I’m going to check the privileges of the account and see if I need to edit those.

EDIT

The primary account user for the SQL databases has full access to everything, including REFERENCES.

Thanks.

I think we’re discovering that this is more of a problem that we encountered before. We attempted to create a new submission from start to finish, using the submission form, without any success (loading screen wouldn’t move forward) so I will add additional details in a new post that encompasses the error messages and issues we’re seeing.
Thanks.