[OJS 3.2.1.4] Publisher ID field do not appear unless Keywords field is active

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
The Publisher ID field do not appear unless Keywords field is active. If only the Publisher ID is selected, the field Publisher ID does not appear.

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
A journal (in a multijournal platform) have the DOI configuration with %x, so they need to activate the publisher ID field for publications in Settings/Workflow/Submission/Metadata.

We have this field activated, but it does not appear in the submission screen of the article, in the publication tab. It does not matter if the article is published or if we unpublish the article.

But when the Keywords field is activated (in Settings/Workflow/Submission/Metadata) at the same time than the Publisher ID, both fields appear in the submission screen.

What I tried to resolve the issue:
We have checked the DOI configuration, and apparently is everything OK, we have selected the option “Enable for Publications” in the publisher ID section and then clic the Save button.

We have tried to replicate this issue in a test journal in the same site, and it gave the same problems.

The solution we have found is to enable Keywords metadata, and then is apparently solved because both fields appear and we can edit them.

In this journal this is an acceptable solution, but maybe other journals who do not want to use Keyword but the want to have the Publisher ID field to create a customised DOI would have a problems with this issue.

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
We have OJS version 3.2.1.4, and we have a multijournal administration, we have migrated from OJS 2 half a year ago.
Journal webpage: https://revistes.ub.edu/index.php/REGAC/

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

screenshot.1202

screenshot.1203

I opened the Publisher ID in the background, in the publication section, but although the article is full, it does not appear when published on the front page. How can it be made visible?

Hello @TarlaciSultan ,

I think that the field Publisher ID is not meant to be public. It is used to construct the DOI structure when you want to add a custom string in each DOI. I think there is also a way to use Publisher ID in order to custom the URL path for the article, but we do not use it and I do not know how to do it.

Maybe you are talking about the DOI is not visible in the front page?

1 Like