[OJS 3.2.1.1] Plugin gallery not showing latest version of plugin

The OJS plugin gallery is showing most of my plugins as up to date when there have been subsequent releases of those plugins. However, it is not a general connection issue as two of the plugins do show the “Can be upgraded” message. The plugin I looked at is the ORCID Profile plugin. My journal shows it at v1.1.2.20 but when I go to the plugin’s GitHub (Releases · pkp/orcidProfile · GitHub), I see later release v1.1.2.26 available.

Are the later releases of that plugin not visible to the plugin gallery? Do I need to refresh data? I have cleared the data & template cache.

Thank you,
Steve
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 5.17.42 PM

1 Like

Hi @Stevel,

Interesting … I see something different too in looking at the version for another instance that I tested on (version 3.3.0-8):

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.56.58 AM

One thing I can see, however, is that this particular version of the plugin that is the most recent has not yet been added to the plugin gallery so that particular version of the plugin (v.1.1.2.26) is not available to anyone via the plugin gallery.

<release date="2021-11-29" version="1.1.2.25" md5="0acd78aecd0023114bf269a68fbd162b">
			<package>https://github.com/pkp/orcidProfile/releases/download/v1_1_2-25/orcidProfile-v1_1_2-25.tar.gz</package>
			<compatibility application="ojs2">
				<version>3.3.0.0</version>
				<version>3.3.0.1</version>
				<version>3.3.0.2</version>
				<version>3.3.0.3</version>
				<version>3.3.0.4</version>
				<version>3.3.0.5</version>
				<version>3.3.0.6</version>
				<version>3.3.0.7</version>
				<version>3.3.0.8</version>
			</compatibility>
			<compatibility application="ops">
				<version>3.3.0.0</version>
				<version>3.3.0.1</version>
				<version>3.3.0.2</version>
				<version>3.3.0.3</version>
				<version>3.3.0.4</version>
				<version>3.3.0.5</version>
				<version>3.3.0.6</version>
				<version>3.3.0.7</version>
				<version>3.3.0.8</version>
			</compatibility>
			<certification type="official"/>
			<description>Reviewer credit support</description>
		</release>

The plugin gallery (which includes the most up-to-date plugin information) , shows v.1.1.2.25 as being the most version, and the most recent version not having been added yet (and not having been tested against OJS 3.2)

If I look at the plugin gallery data for version v1.1.2.20 of the plugin, I can see that particular version of the ORCID plugin has been tested for compatibility with different versions of OJS 3.2, whereas subsequent versions of the plugin have not. So, I suspect that the plugin gallery is only showing you the most recent release of the plugin that has been deemed compatible with the version of OJS that you’re running. I’ll check with some of my colleagues to be sure, but I suspect that this is what is occurring here.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hello @Stevel,

Just a quick update: I talked about this with one of our developers who confirmed that this is indeed the case - that the plugin gallery will only show that there’s an update to a new version if there is a new version of the plugin that is compatible with your version of OJS. So, in this case, the most recent release of the ORCID plugin has not been tested with your version of OJS. If you were eager to take advantage of the plugin, you’d have to upgrade to a later version of OJS (e.g. 3.3.0-8).

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you @rcgillis!

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.