OJS 3.2.0-3 unable to load image in public directory of journal with own url

Hi,

It is not possible for us (OJS 3.2.0-3) to load images to be placed in the public directory, when the journal has its own url. We also have journals that do not have their own url, on that journals it works well.
It seems that in Issue.inc.php the base_url only is extended with public/journal/99 and that the first part is not converted to the general url.
When I pick up the baseUrl from the view-source and paste it into the internet explorer bar, I get a “404 not found”. When I do the same with a non-proprietary url I get a “Forbidden”, which is all right.
How can I make sure that the public directory of the journals with their own url is searched in the right place? (general_url/public/journals/99)

Regards,
UGP

Hi @ugp2,

I’m not entirely sure about serving up the images in the way that you have described, but for uploading images with public URLs, one of the options that we refer people to is to use the Publisher Library: Workflow Settings - whereby you can upload a document and give it a publicly accessible URL. If this isn’t suitable for your needs, let me know, and I’ll see if I can try to suggest some other options.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP team

Hi Roger,

The situation you describe is different from what I meant. In our situation, it is about:
Submissions->Publication->Issue->Cover Image
With a non-own Url, it works fine, like:
no own url

With an own Url, we get this:
own url

Hope you can reproduce it, regards,
UGP

Hi @ugp2

I see what you mean.

In order to do this, you would have to review your mod_rewrite rules to make sure that files in public can be accessed at the rewritten URL. Hosting a journal at its own URL in a multi-journal site is a pretty common use case and it is typically handled via mod_rewrite.

-Roger
PKP team

Hi Roger,

That rules are configured, but do you have an example for .htaccess for a journal with his own url? So we can compare and find our mistake.

Regards,
UGP

Hi @ugp2,

I’m afraid I don’t - but if you search posts here on the forum, you may find that some users have shared copies (or segments) from their .htaccess files.

-Roger

Hi,

The solution is found in SOLVED: Upgrade from OJS 3.1.2.4 to OJS 3.2.1.2: problems with url api in back-office - #9 by drugurkocak

Regards,
UGP