[OJS 3.2.0-3] sidebar issues and website appearance setup is missing

After upgrading from 3.1.2.0 to 3.2.0-3 the sidebar has the following issues:

1. In all journals most of the sidebar items are deactived and some unselected items are missing. Before the update:
    01-sidebar-before-update
    After the update
    02-sidebar-after
  2. In one journal an item cannot be activated (custom block, 400 Bad Request, no error in log)
    03-sidebar-after-error
  3. After items are activated and ordered the item order is lost on reload. The order is still correct in the journal page however.
    04-sidebar-order-gone

Finally one journal’s settings are missing:
05-website-settings-missing

During the upgrade there were many warnings with varying ContextIds:
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 7, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.

There is obviously something wrong in the database. Where can I start looking for a solution these problems? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Issue 2 solved: Custom Block Manager allows letters, numbers, and hyphens/underscores in name but Sidebar only allows letters and numbers. Creating a new block without hyphen solved the issue.

Final journal settings missing solved: changing locale or checking the Forms checkbox in Settings > Website > Setup > Languages: Forms makes the settings visible again.

Sidebar items are saved correctly (journal_settings table):
a:4:{i:0;s:25:"makesubmissionblockplugin";i:1;s:25:"languagetoggleblockplugin";i:2;s:22:"informationblockplugin";i:3;s:14:"EditoriPalvelu";}
but are displayed in wrong order after reload:
sidebar-wrong-order

Found JSON in response:

{
        "name": "sidebar",
        "component": "field-options",
        "label": "Sidebar",
        "groupId": "default",
        "isRequired": false,
        "isMultilingual": false,
        "value": ["makesubmissionblockplugin", "languagetoggleblockplugin", "informationblockplugin", "EditoriPalvelu"],
        "type": "checkbox",
        "isOrderable": true,
        "options": [{
            "value": "WebFeedBlockPlugin",
            "label": "Web Feed Plugin"
        }, {
            "value": "UsageStatsOptoutBlockPlugin",
            "label": "Usage Statistics Privacy Information"
        }, {
            "value": "EditoriPalvelu",
            "label": "EditoriPalvelu (Custom Block)"
        }, {
            "value": "informationblockplugin",
            "label": "Information Block"
        }, {
            "value": "makesubmissionblockplugin",
            "label": "\"Make a Submission\" Block"
        }, {
            "value": "languagetoggleblockplugin",
            "label": "Language Toggle Block"
        }]
    }
1 Like

Hi,
It apparently does not help to change locale or checking the Forms. Several of the sidebar elements is still missing, so I will have to manually check the sidebar for each individual journal. Quite a lot of work when you consider that we are hosting over 160 journals.
We are testing the OJS 3.2.1.3 and plan to make a update in the near future.
Best
Niels Erik

This topic was automatically closed after 36 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.