OJS 3.2.0.3 galleys do not appear in future issue

With OJS 3.2.0.3 when I am trying to create a future issue, I upload galleys and assign them to the issue.

Then I try to preview the issue and nothing shows up, as nothing has been assigned to the issue.

I have just tried this so far with the cover page but that used to show up as soon as I uploaded a galley. I am not totally sure what our previous 3.x release was. This definitely worked with 2.x.

Any ideas?

Hi @philipmach,

See: Allow editors and editorial assistants to preview an article before it is published · Issue #5565 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

This will be included in the next release, which should be soon.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks.

That looks pretty complicated – was the failure to carry this feature over from 2.x a consequence of a major re-architecting of the internals?

Not being able to see what the issue looks like before publishing is a major downgrade so I hope this is fixed soon.

Since I don’t want to try this before all the articles are in: when I publish, is there a way to defer notifying readers of a new issue until I have time to check it?

Hi @philipmach,

This was a combination of rewriting the code for OJS 3.x and then tightening up the access policies; the preview feature was a temporary and unintended casualty. It’ll be restored with OJS/OMP/OPS 3.2.1-2, which I hope to release very soon.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team