Ojs 3.1 upgrade issue

Hi @zaratushtra,

I wonder if you’re running into the same issue as this other thread. Do you see a 404 error in your access log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I think it is the same issue with that thread, however, apparently, the problem was not solved in the thread. And I dont see any 404 error in my access log.

Hi @zaratushtra,

You should see a request in your access log (or web developer toolbar in your browser) that contains /api/v1/_submissions in its URL. Can you check the response code (e.g. 200, 304, 401) for this request?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Apparently the response code is 404.

Hi @zaratushtra,

This appears to be the same as the issue on the other thread. I’d suggest following the discussion there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi. My version of php is 5.6.26. But when I try to delete an article from tasks, the system writes this error: “An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again.” What is it can be? (OJS 3.1.0.1)

Try to use OJS 3.1 with php 5.6.32 and report here if you will have the same issue.

Thanks

Thanks. I installed OJS 3.1.0.1 on the web server with php 7.0. But the error did not disappear

Please checkin your config.inc.php did you write correctly base url of your installation. DO you use two or more languages in OJS? Did you try to do fresh install? Try to empty folder and do it with freshly copied OJS files and empty database in roder to make sure that is not issue related to software such as php, mysql, apache…

Thanks

Thanks, the base URL is correct. Yes, I use three languages. Installation did completely anew. I used a new empty mysqli database and used a new ftp directory for the files.

Try setup localization in config.inc.php like this:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Localization Settings ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
[i18n]
; Default locale

locale = en_US
; Client output/input character set

client_charset = utf-8
; Database connection character set

; Must be set to “Off” if not supported by the database server

; If enabled, must be the same character set as “client_charset”

; (although the actual name may differ slightly depending on the server)

connection_charset = utf8
; Database storage character set

; Must be set to “Off” if not supported by the database server

database_charset = utf8
; Enable character normalization to utf-8 (recommended)

; If disabled, strings will be passed through in their native encoding

; Note that client_charset and database collation must be set

; to “utf-8” for this to work, as characters are stored in utf-8

charset_normalization = Off

localization in config.inc.php is correct.

Did you write it according to example I posted?
However, please login as administrator and delete template cache and try again in submission to delete file. Do you test on Windows or GNU/Linux?

My config.inc.php file is like yours. I test on GNU / Linux. Clear Data Caches and Clear Template Cache did not change the situation.

Pleae post php error log after you try to delete submission so we can see what might be issue.

What are the permissions on your folders? I see error 403 forbidden access.

What folders are you interested in?

Folder cache - 755
Folder files - 755
Folder public - 755
Config.inc.php file - 755

Whichh permission you have for folder with data .i.e. pdf files? What is path to that folder?