OJS 3.1 Citation Plugins

Hi

Under plugins on 3.1 there don’t seem to be any Citation Output Plugins/ Citation Format Plugins - thus no ‘how to cite’ section on the article information page. Has this tool been disabled or is this an error at our end?

Thanks,

2 Likes

Hi,

I also noticed that Citation Plugin is missing in OJS 31 while it was present and used in OJS302 in the following folders:

• plugins/citationFormats/abnt/citation.tpl
  • classes/plugins/CitationPlugin.inc.php
  • templates/frontend/objects/article_details.tpl
  • pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php

I was also wondering if this plugin that we used was abandoned ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Best regards.
Helene

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

Can you give us please some information about Citation Plugin in OJS 31 ?

Best regards.
Helene

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

Sorry to ask you this again, but it’s very important for us.
As I said, in this forum, the reading tools was abandonned in OJS3.0.x . As we used to display the feature “How to cite item”, we replaced it with the new Citation Plugin as in your demo site.

But I can’t find in OJS 3.1 how to display the feature “How to Cite” with all Citation Formats : ABNT, APA, BibTeX, etc.

Can you tell me please how to display feature “How to Cite” ?

Best regards.
Helene

Hi @hcl,

have you tried the “Citation Style Language-Plugin”?

Kind regards
Daniela

1 Like

Hi @UBWolf,

I tried the “Citation Style Language-Plugin”. It’s doing indeed the same job as “Citation Plugin”.
Thanks a lot.
And I read more carefully the “docs/release-notes/README-3.1.0” file where it’s written in “New Features”:
#723: Strip out citation plugins and replace with CSL

But I have an error when I use it. I will write another topic for that.

Thanks again.
Best regards.
Helene

Thanks @UBWolf

There is now a ‘slightly inaccurate’ APA citation on article landing page however the other options don’t appear or the download formats.

Regards,

Donna

Hi @Tuwpub,

that’s odd. I got 10 citation formats. Are you sure you have selected all of them in the settings of the plugin?

Kind regards
Daniela

Hi @UBWolf

Yes they were all selected by default. To be honest, we don’t really want most of them but it would interesting to know why they aren’t showing on the article homepage.

Regards,
Donna

Hi @Tuwpub,

could you post a screenshot? What does your error.log say?
Maybe it’s a problem with the php version. We had some trouble with plugins until we upgraded to PHP 5.6

Kind regards
Daniela

Hi @Tuwpub
Try this solution Fix wrong test for submission status