[OJS 3.1.2] Help with a bug?

Hi guys,

Application Version: OJS 3.1.2, with a docker image who was created by: Lucas Driedrich.
Link: Docker

• Description of issue:

Sometimes OJS show some “variables” inside a few pages instead the value. In the beginning when I saw for the first time I think this maybe were related with the translation and I tried install a English version to test, but keep showing too.

For example in the path “/issue/archive” of my journal, appear this between the arrows of pagination:

##common.pagination##

Some popups show this to when a email were sended.

Another example when I tried include a participant in the commentaries:

error

And in the Statistics zone:

When this happen, in the error log we have this message…

PHP Warning: Declaration of QueryNoteFilesGridHandler::authorize($request, $args, $roleAssignments) should be compatible with SubmissionFilesGridHandler::authorize($request, &$args, $roleAssignments) in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/files/query/QueryNoteFilesGridHandler.inc.php on line 19, referer: http://localhost:8085/test/authorDashboard/submission/1

The only thing I know they are intermittent.

If someone can help…

Thank you!

The hash marks around a variable indicate that the phrase is not yet translated into your language.

You can find more details, including how to translate these phrases in your own install, in the Translation Guide:
https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/translating-guide/

1 Like

Yes, in many cases I needed create the translate of phrases and include in my language, but still happening. For example in the popup when email will be sended it works, but sometimes not.

Thank you for the answer!

If a phrase has been translated, but is still showing as untranslated, it is likely a bug in loading the locale files. Can you share the specific steps you take to reproduce this problem? For example, what exactly do you do in the application to send the email, and what exact phrase remains untranslated?

Thank you again for your help and time!

Well, you were right all the time.

When you said about the translate, I went to look in all files of the project at GIT, because I’m using a Docker image and to see all folders of OJS I need to extend volumes to outside of docker image. It’s a little hard to see everything.

Then looking in some folders at git I found another path with more translation folders / var / www / html / lib / pkp / locale / after that I put one variable who was showing the error and bazinga, it worked.

I had translated just in this path: / var / www / html / locale / …

Many thanks!