OJS 3.1.2.4 Database connection failed!

Can someone help me herein. I have just installed OJS 3.1.2.4 through cpanel however, I am being told “Database connection failed!”

kindly help me sort out the database issue so that I can access the site.

Here is my cpanel login details:
https://royalliteglobal.com/cpanel
Password: (removed)

Kindly help. @Vitaliy @asmecher

Regards,
Amos

Hi @royallite,

Please don’t post credentials on a public forum! I’ve removed them from your post, but please change them immediately.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for that. Can you help me sort out the problem? I have tried for the past week without success

Hi @royallite,

Is this the same problem you experienced back in October (I am unable to install OJS 3.1.1.4 on my database)? Were you able to resolve it then?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

It worked for sometime then it could not display the site homepage,

If possible, kindly help me sort it out. The site needs to be on

Hi @royallite,

I’d suggest starting by looking through some of the other threads that reference this error message. Then if that doesn’t resolve the problem, describe here what you tried and what the result was.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Good morning @asmecher, I talked to my host and they helped me install the software.

However, the current problem I have is that I can’t upload any type of file such JPEG, PDF etc on any of the Journal.

If you could help me handle this, then I will be good to go. I have very little knowledge in PHP.

I have attached the error message below.

Regards,
AmosScreenshot_20191212-150728 Screenshot_20191212-150756

Hi @royallite,

I’d suggest searching this forum for other posts on the subject – it’s likely to do with file permissions. If you can’t solve it, make a new topic in the forum and provide details of what you tried.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello,

Tried but no success

@royallite

Make sure your permissions are ok for all the files!

Check the maximum file size in php.ini

Check for the mime extension