OJS 3.1.2-3 QuickSubmit - blank page

I used to have a problem with quick publication of articles. Installing the QuickSubmit plugin solved it. I installed the plug but found another problem. When I try to display the Setting → Websites → Plugins → Installed Plugins page - I have a white page and an icon waiting for a response from the server. Adding and enabling / disabling any plug is impossible. Plugin Gallery is displayed correctly.
The server log message says: 2020-09-20 14:55:45 [NOTICE] [3811361] [STDERR] ojs2: You are trying to downgrade the product “quickSubmit” from version [1.0.4.1] to version [1.0.3.0 ]. Downgrades are not supported.
How to solve the problem?

• remove this plugin and replace it with the old one 1.0.3.0.? And where to find him?
  • updated ojs to version 3.2.1.?

Hi @forrest,

Is there a reason you’re trying to install an older version of the QuickSubmit plugin? (If you use the Plugin Gallery to discover and install plugins, it’ll take care of making sure you’re installing the right version.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

There are reasons.
The first problem. I cannot install any plugins in the Plugins Gallery (eg Translate).
Second problem. Can’t uninstall or manage any plug-in: enable / disable or configure plugins. There is a blank page.
In the Plugins gallery next to the QS plugin, there is a green message that the plugin is up to date and does not need to be updated (1.0.4.1). There is also no information on how to remove it. As I wrote earlier, each time I run the page with plugins, an error is generated on the server with incompatibilities of QS version (1.0.3.0)
I downloaded the plugin from Github from the 3.1.2 stable branch. In the description it is version 1.0.3.0, but in the version.xml file for this plugin it is version 1.0.4.1. This is correct?
At the moment, I do not see a specific solution to the problem. Because you can remove the plugin altogether (via ftp) and see if the plugin page starts at all. If so, you can try to install an older version and then update it. The entire OJS may also sprinkle, because the database already contains some data based on this plugin. There is also a way to categorize OJS now, but I don’t know if the bug will be fixed. There is also such a solution: from the current version, export all data about the publishing house, install the latest version of OJS and import the data.
Regards

Hi @forrest,

I would recommend going to the newest version of the plugin that’s compatible with your OJS installation. The Plugin Gallery will take care of identifying that version for you. When you get a blank page, check the error log for more details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I think, I already know where the problem is … I have a last few questions. Which plugin location is more important to operate:
or location: plugins \ importexport \ quitsubmit?
In plugins \ generic \ quicksubmit-master - here is plugin version 1.0.3.0
In plugins \ importexport \ quitsubmit - here is plugin version 1.0.4.1
Two different locations and versions and that’s why it bites.
When both folders contain the same version - nothing changes, a blank page is displayed.
When is deletes folder quickSubmit-master with a contents everything is back to normal - plugins can be managed.
Is the plugin in the locations plugins \ generic \ quicksubmit-master folder needed?
Regards,

Hi @forrest,

I’m not sure where quitsubmit or quickSubmit-master came from, but those are definitely wrong. The Quick Submit plugin should only be installed in plugins/importexport/quickSubmit. (Installing with the Plugin Gallery will take care of this for you.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
No quitsubmit - it’s a typo error - it should be quickSubmit. My mistake. Sorry.
So as expected - only the plugins/import/export/quickSubmit folder is correct.
Thank you
Regards,