[OJS 3.1.2.0] Error in the plugin PKP Usage statistics report

Hi,

I get an error in the plugins, when trying to generate the report from PKP Usage statistics report, a page with a 500 error appears, and in the php logs, the following error is displayed:

[Fri Sep 18 20:34:11.617139 2020] [php7:error] [pid 9112] [client 172.20.0.152:51456] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /var/www/html/xxxxxxxx/classes/statistics/MetricsDAO.inc.php:34\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/xxxxxxxx/plugins/generic/usageStats/PKPUsageStatsReportPlugin.inc.php(84): MetricsDAO->getMetrics('ojs::counter', Array, 'a:1:{s:10:"cont...', 'a:1:{s:5:"month...', NULL)\n#1 /var/www/html/xxxxxxxx/plugins/generic/usageStats/OJSUsageStatsReportPlugin.inc.php(32): PKPUsageStatsReportPlugin->getMetrics('ojs::counter', Array, 'a:1:{s:10:"cont...', 'a:1:{s:5:"month...', NULL)\n#2 /var/www/html/xxxxxxxx/lib/pkp/pages/management/PKPToolsHandler.inc.php(208): OJSUsageStatsReportPlugin->getMetrics('ojs::counter', Array, 'a:1:{s:10:"cont...', 'a:1:{s:5:"month...')\n#3 /var/www/html/xxxxxxxx/lib/pkp/pages/management/PKPToolsHandler.inc.php(64): PKPToolsHandler->generateReport(Array, Object(Request))\n#4 /var/www/html/xxxxxxxx/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): PKPT in /var/www/html/xxxxxxxx/classes/statistics/MetricsDAO.inc.php on line 34, referer:

Hi @diegomejia07,

This is likely a quirk that’s already been resolved in a newer release; I’d recommend upgrading.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

But there is no patch for this error that I can apply, since at the moment it is not in our plans to update, until next year.

Hi @diegomejia07,

I’m afraid not; there have been comprehensive changes to statistics, and those can’t be back-ported with a simple patch.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team