[OJS 3.1.1] Problem with images on eLife Lens Article Viewer plugin

Hi everybody,
in our journals, we upload XML files and then use eLife Lens Article Viewer plugin to display the Full article, the problem is that it does not load the images and tables inside the file.

Attacched img for example:

in the file there are links to the img but it does not display them

The images are uploaded using the appropriate images galley in the submission of the article and are correctly tagged within the XML file.

Thanks for every help.

Bye
Tiziano

Yes, same thing hppnd with us too. Hence, we are back to 3.1

Can’t reproduce it. What extensions do images have? Is there original name the same as per link?
Also, can you explore if you see those attached files in the database, table submission_files?

Hi @Vitaliy,
images are .jpg extensions, every images has a original name and the name are present in the DB, if I understood correctly what you asked for.

Bye
Tiziano

How the link to the image looks like in JATS XML?

Valid example:

<fig id="fig5" position="float">
	<object-id pub-id-type="doi"></object-id>
	<label>Figure 5.</label>
	<caption>
		<title>Figure title.</title>
		<p>Figure caption.</p>
	</caption>
	<graphic xlink:href="fig5.jpg"/>
</fig>

This is my code:

<.fig id=“fig001” position=“float”>
<.label>Figure 1.<./label>
<.caption><.p>Renal biopsy demonstrating (A) no glomerular hypercellularity or sclerosis on light microscopy, (B) no tubulointerstitial nephritis on light microscopy (C) normal immunofluorescence, and (D) diffuse podocyte foot process fusion on electron microscopy (arrows). There were no immune complex deposits.</p.><./caption>
<.graphic xmlns:xlink=“XLink namespace” xlink:href=“cp-8-1-1046-g001.jpg” mime-subtype=“jpg”/>
<./fig>

I put the point to have the code displayed. :sweat_smile:

Looks normal. When you attach the file to the XML galley, does it have the name cp-8-1-1046-g001.jpg, like in your JATS XML reference?

yes, I checked. I have no other ideas…

Hi Everybody! Every help is appreciated.

Bye
Tiziano

Can you check in the database’s table submission_files what file_type has your JATS XML and the image file?

Hi @Vitaliy, i checked, i attacched img:

is what you wanted to see?

Thanks for help.
Tiziano

Can you send your JATS XML and image to me?

Lens Viewer doesn’t support <floats-group> tag. Ideally you figure or table should be putted inside body or sec element. We usually put it under the paragraph where it is first cited.

2 Likes

Hi
I have the same problem with version 3.1.2 as they solved it?

Hi, we are having the same problem, this is our galley xml code for images:

Figura 1:

Caption text here.

Images in lens display are shown as:

In galley form it shows as:
125-1 [webmaster, a2-4-31001.jpg]

In original XML:

Figura 1:

EvoluciĂłn temporal del tipo de parto en Uruguay (porcentajes) 1995-2017.

In our OJS intallation Images are stored outside root as security policy, with 777 permissions
In this folder image is stored as:
65-10-115-1-17-20190603.jpg

In file_submission table:
file_id: 125, genre_id: 10, original_file_name: a2-4-31001.jpg, file_stage: 17, date_uploaded: 20190711 122150, assoc_type: 515, assoc_id: 114

We are using OJS 3.1.1.4

All images got 404 in lens/typesetting window no matter what.

Appreciate any help/guidance
Thanks in advance

I found a workaround based in this article UTILIZACIĂ“N DEL XML/JATS DE SCIELO PARA GENERAR GALERADAS HTML EN OJS
Not the best solution i think, but it works: just upload xml as galley and set graphics to full path either to remote or local server. Yes, you’ve to manually touch all yours graphics xlink:href :-/

If we make HTML and even EPUB from XML, our problem is the XML galley.
We consider your option and this would imply changing the path in our files. This problem is being reviewed and if it is fixed in future versions, all XML files will have to be modified again.

1 Like