OJS 3.1.1-2 Plagiarism (iThenticate) plugin

Hi @asmecher,
Thanks for the “Plagiarism” plugin.

I did the necessary modification in the config file and activated the plugin. Then I upload a dummy article. But I did not get my plagiarism report anywhere, neither in the iThenticate folder nor in the editorial grid.

Can you explain in brief how does it work?

Best regards,

1 Like

Hi @anupent ,

The submission to iThenticate should take place when the submission process reaches the confirmation step.

Do you see anything in your PHP error log?

Regards,
Alec Smeher
Public Knowledge Project Team

2 Likes

Hi @asmecher,
I get the following errors

[28-Jun-2018 20:16:58] XML-RPC: PhpXmlRpc\Helper\XMLParser::xmlrpc_ee: invalid value received in DATETIME: 2018-06-28T14:31:59Z
[28-Jun-2018 20:16:58] XML-RPC: PhpXmlRpc\Helper\XMLParser::xmlrpc_ee: invalid value received in DATETIME: 2018-06-28T14:32:00Z
[28-Jun-2018 20:16:58] PHP Warning:  array_search() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/jlmcedun/public_html/plugins/generic/plagiarism/PlagiarismPlugin.inc.php on line 80
[28-Jun-2018 20:16:58] XML-RPC: PhpXmlRpc\Helper\XMLParser::xmlrpc_ee: invalid value received in DATETIME: 2018-06-28T14:32:00Z
[28-Jun-2018 20:16:58] Could not create folder group for context Journal of Lumbini Medical College on iThenticate.

Best regards,

Hi @anupent,

Are you sure your iThenticate credentials in config.inc.php are correct?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I am sure it is correct. My both username and password are within quotes as in readme file.

I can login with the same credentials into iThenticate page.

Best regards,

Hi @anupent,

Hmm. Is it possible that your server is firewalled or proxied or otherwise unable to contact the iThenticate server directly?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,
Will write to you after I confirm with the hosting guys.

Best regards,

Hi @asmecher,

Following is the reply I got from server guys:

I checked using CURL and your site is able to access ithenticate server.
https://jlmc.edu.np/test_curl.php

We recommend you to use PHP Curl to access third party sites.

Does this ring any bell?

Best regards,

@asmecher this is the plugin link GitHub - asmecher/plagiarism: Plagiarism checker plugin for OJS 3/OMP ? ( I will install it manually - the gallery plugin does not work in my ojs)

Regards
Cristian

Hi @cristianviza,

Yes, that’s where the plugin lives. Make sure you download the .tar.gz package from the Releases area (rather than the big Download button on the plugin’s repository page).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi.

I install plugin in test ojs (ojs version 3.1.1-2). I dont see any information about plugin. Does any information have to appear in step 4? (is active and configured the credentials in config.inc.php)

step4

Regards
Cristian

Hi @cristianviza,

No, the submission to iThenticate happens invisibly. Check in iThenticate to see if the submission has been uploaded there, and if not, check your PHP error log to see if something is recorded.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello
Is there any possibility to show the similarity reports and percentage to reviewer?
Kind Regards

Hi @wesambhaya,

That’s a possibility for further development of the plugin, but that functionality isn’t present at the moment.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

2 Likes

Hello.

For a future version it is possible to add option to select whether or not to send the file for revision ?. In this version plugin send all submission.

Regards
Cristian

1 Like

Hi,

automatic collection of iThenticate results to be provided in the review process should be an excellent work.

Regards

1 Like

Hi
I can not install Ithenticate and Keyword Cloud plugin or its too long to wait. I using OJS 3.1.4. Thank you

Hi everyone,

We recently started seeing this in a hosted site, and I think the error is due to a bug in the XML parser library that comes with the plugin. There is a regular expression that checks the format of the date returned. Specifically, there is a line of code in the XML library that looks at the date sent back from the server and checks to see if it matches a string:

if (!preg_match('/^[0-9]{8}T[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}$/', $this->_xh['ac'])) {

Essentially, that checks to see if the date looks like 20190702T16:08:05 but this is not what your date looks like. Your date looks like 2019-07-02T16:08:05Z, with dashes and a Z at the end, which won’t pass this step. You can modify the regular expression to:

/^[0-9\-]{10}T[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}Z$/

Which should allow it to pass. The file you need to modify is XMLParser.php:

Cheers,
Jason

2 Likes

How do you solve step 4?

Hello, enabling the plugin we get the following error message

[Thu Feb 11 10:29:52.319951 2021] [php7:notice] [pid 4534] [client 189.4.79.242:22979] Could not create folder group for context Revista Tempo e Argumento on iThenticate., referer:

this indicates an error on the server hosting OJS or an error on the ithenticate server