OJS 3.1.1.2: Journal not accepting submissions issue

Hello,

We recently upgraded from v. 2.4.8 to 3.1.1.2 and have created our first new journal on the newly upgraded instance; however, the journal manager reported that Authors cannot submit. When they enter the Submission workflow they receive the following message, “The journal is not accepting submissions at this time.” I’ve checked every setting I can think of and they all look like they are properly enabled. Stranger still is that as a Journal Manager who also has Author privileges, I can submit; but those with only Author roles cannot. I’ve checked and re-checked the Author role settings and everything looks to be enabled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Tara

Do you have existing sections in the journal? And are the sections active?

Hi @tkstephe,

If you are able to submit as an editor but not as an author, the most likely case is that all of the sections in your journal have been configured to only allow submission from an editor. Under Settings > Journal > Section, when you edit a section, you will see the following option.

Selection_068

Make sure at least one section leaves that checkbox unchecked if you want authors to submit.

Aha! Yes! Thanks very much to you both! My apologies for posting what was likely an obvious question but I am so very grateful for your responsiveness.

Best,

Tara

1 Like

Not that obvious, really. I didn’t know that setting existed until just now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, i want to submit my article in “Pakistan armed forces journal” https://www.pafmj.org/PAFMJ, but i am facing the same issue. Please help me sort it out.
Thank and Regards,
Dr Palwasha

Hi @Palwasha_Jalil,

Someone has already responded to your other topic. Please just post your questions in one place; that’ll help keep the forum organized.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team