[OJS 3.1.0.1] HTML Downloaded it automatically from articles

Hi everybody, i have a question, after the upload OJS from 2.4.8.2 to 3.1.0.1 i saw that all of my HTML files aren’t more show in browser, like PDF files, but downloaded like a XML files, the plugin HTML Article Galley is enable, i forgot something?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano

Did you upgrade remaining in samer server/envrionmet stack? I mean, if you change server it mos likely it could be a mime type handling issue. In apache conf you should declare something like:
AddType text/html .html

Also check in yout .htaccess file in your web_root folder (e.g. public_html , in most of cases) if it has some line handling HTML file extension with different way. Something like:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}\.html -f

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @israel.cefrin! Thanks for response, i have checked as far as I can, I don’t know a lot of servers, but what you write is present in the conf files. The server is the same. Do you have other solutions?

Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano

Could you check your php error log to verify if is there some error message related to this issue?
And test if you server are parsing HTML files properly creating a test.html in your web_root folder and access it with your browser.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hi @israel.cefrin, I’ve checked and my browser works well with HTML, do you have any other suggestions to solve this problem? I have many HTMLs already published that are currently downloading instead of being displayed, the “htmlArticleGalley” plugin is activated.

Thank you for all the help.

Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano

Have you checked in Website > Plugins that “HTML Article Galley” plugin is enabled?

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hi @israel.cefrin, yes is enabled.

Hi @Tiziano

Another option is double check that your webserver is correctly set to serve HTML to render (mime type settings).
Test it putting an index.html in your root folder and attempt to load it.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hi @israel.cefrin! i followed your suggests but everything is ok, I have no other ideas… :roll_eyes:

Hi @Tiziano

Have you enabled you “HTML Article Galley” plugin?
Settings > Plugins > Plugin Gallery

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hi @israel.cefrin! I fixed my problem, I had the eLife Lens Article Viewer plugin disabled.
Thanks for your help and patience.

Best!

Tiziano

1 Like

Very very Thanks!!! Fixed my problem too!