OJS 3.0 Email can't send

i can’t use SMTP for sending mail. How to use phpmailer setting an Email for OJS 3.0

thank you

Hi @Parinya_Khoawsakul,

OJS 3.0 does use PHPMailer for sending via SMTP. You can either use SMTP service, or if that is disabled, OJS will use the local server’s mail transfer agent (MTA) for delivery. Can you describe what your hosting provider does support if it’s not SMTP?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

i use local server (XamPP). i try to send an email but not. in config file is disabled SMTP. how to fix an error?

this is error log.

Thank you

Hi @Parinya_Khoawsakul,

It looks like you’re still using the example configuration in config.inc.php. You’ll have to replace that with the details of your own SMTP service, which is usually provided by your ISP or your hosting provider.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

i already configuration in config.inc.php. but sill show the same error.

Hi @Parinya_Khoawsakul,

See this wiki article:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Using_gmail_SMTP

Regards,
Alec Smecher

i try to reinstall everything new and already configuration in config.inc.php follow your link. OJS history log have an email but user can’t accept any email. XaMPP error logs doesn’t show any error. i will try use another Sever to test this again.

thank you for your help.

Dear,

I am using OJS3 and G Suite for Email system with Hostgator host, I can’t send Email from my OJS, I tried to configure the config.php.ini as you mentioned earlier however hopeless.

Can yo have look? or is there any new configuration to config.php.ini

Hi @Rania_Azad,

I see you’ve also posted this over here. Please keep each issue to a single thread if possible – otherwise it fragments the forum.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

sorry but that’s not my post.

Hi, @Parinya_Khoawsakul, you’ll be getting notifications from all the replies to this thread, unless you login to the forum and unset the tracking option. @asmecher was addressing another user who posted in this same thread; you can safely ignore.