Ojs 3.0 custom theme

Hi everyone!
I’m trying to create a custom theme for OJS 3.0 and i’m now able to select it from the dropdown list in the backend when you can select from the available themes.
I’ve duplicated the default theme folder renamed it and classes and files inside but i’ve some issue when i try to view the site.
I thought to view simply a duplicate of the default theme but it doesn’t find the css files and render the pagw with no styles.
How i can fix this issue?
Thanks in advance,
Simone

Hi @simar88,

OJS 3.0 hasn’t been released yet, and the 3.0 beta isn’t intended for production use. Since the beta was released we’ve made a lot of progress, so if you’re interested in experimenting, I’d suggest working with a checkout directly from git (or try the vagrant file). I wouldn’t recommend using OJS 3.0 beta for anything more than exploration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher thanks for your reply!
I forgot to reply to your indications that give me a lot of questions.
So with the current version i cannot develop my own theme? I’ve to wait for the major release?
There is any plans/timeline for it?
Thanks again for your support.
Simone

Hi @simar88,

With the current version you can certainly develop your own theme, but you’ll have to rewrite at least some of it when OJS 3.0 is released. Our current plan is to release it at the end of Q2 this year.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team