OJS 3.0.2 Load More and Search hangs with Archived Submissions

I have only recently set up OJS and have published one issue of a journal. Each article was submitted using QuickSubmit.

At some point I was no longer able to see any more than the first page of Archived Submissions. If I search for anything or scroll down until I see Loading… I see the loading circle indefinitely.

There were a few issues along the way while I tried to get the hang of it, and I may have caused a few glitches in the database. I can’t find anything obvious, but I’m still fairly new to this. Any suggestions on what to look for, or ways I can repair the database or the relevant tables within it?

Hi @galexioza,

Have you checked your PHP error log? There’s likely a helpful message there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had checked my error log and found a bunch of “PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method XX should not be called statically” errors. When I Googled that, all I found were ways of disabling the error reporting, not fixing the problem.

Here is a link to the error log just from when I am on the Archive Submission tab and then scroll down so it starts loading more submissions, at which point the loading circle starts spinning indefinitely:

Does that shed any light on the issue?

Hi @galexioza,

OJS 3.0.2 will currently generate a number of “deprecation warnings” – these have already been resolved in the code for release in OJS 3.1. I’d suggest ignoring them as they’re cosmetic. Watch for “Fatal Error” type messages – these can be hard to spot among the cosmetic warnings.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team