OJS 3.0.2.0 installation issue

I am trying to install OJS 3.0.2.0 on one GNU/Linux machine. Apache works, phpmyadmin etc. I put files in srv/www/htdocs folder and when I started installation I have got on my screen as on this pastebin.

Folders do have 0755 and files 0644 permission.
Please advise.
Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

You’ll need to consider file ownership, not just numeric permissions. If your server has SELinux extensions enabled you may also need to work with those.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Which user sould be owner of those folders and files?

Hi @vvucic,

That depends on your server configuration. See the FAQ entry on the subject.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

User is www.run and group is www.
When folders are 755 and files 644 I cannot access them. Why this is not starigtforward or offered 3 workable scenarios?

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

There is a lot of variation in web server configurations and I’m afraid there’s no way around it but to know how the web server executes PHP scripts, thus how it needs files created/managed by those scripts to be owned.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I managed how to do that, but there should be form my point of view let say three scenarios which people can use. However, they can be advised to check other options but for the beginning they should be enabled to have some workable option.
If you want to be present more in countries where people are not necessarily experts in apache etc. at least two or three workable scenarios should be presented.
For example.
Scenario 1.: Practising and learning OJS on local network without access from outside
Scenario 2. Adding old archives and issues in OJS from local network
Scenario 3.: Using OJS for submissions and reading on line published articles.

Otherwise, people can get lost and discouraged because they cannot even start to use OJS.
Thanks