[OJS 3.0.1] Issue with interrupted galley upload process

I started the process of uploading an HTML galley to a submission in OJS 3.0.1. However, I closed out of the process before completing it by hitting the close “X” button. I don’t recall exactly which step I was on in doing so.

Now, whenever I go back to that submission in the Admin Workflow, on the Production tab, the “Galleys” panel just hangs on “Loading”. Checking my HTTPD logs I see:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileId() on a non-object in /my-source-directory/lib/pkp/controllers/api/file/linkAction/FileLinkAction.inc.php on line 46, referer: http://my-website/workflow/index/20/5

I’d be happy to just delete the HTML galley entry and start over with that process, but I can’t even get to that point since the panel won’t load.

Hi @kardeiz,

I suspect you’ve left an entry in submission_galleys in your database pointing to a nonexistent file_id (which should reference something in submission_files). Mind confirming that, and if it’s the case, I’ll look at updating the upload wizard to handle galleys when a partial upload is cancelled?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher, thanks for the comment. Unfortunately, I have since restored from a DB dump. I just tried to replicate the issue by canceling out at various points in the upload process, but have been unable to get the same error. Not sure what happened the first time: I have a pretty default OJS install and definitely wasn’t doing anything outside the normal workflows at the time…

Hi @kardeiz,

OK, let me know if it comes up again and you get a sense how to replicate the behavior.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team