OJS 3.0.1 and Quick Submit plugin

Hello everyone

I would like to know if you have news about the Quick Submit plugin for OJS version 3.0.1.0
Thanks for your help
C.

Hi @Cristhian_Uriona,

It’s available at GitHub - pkp/quickSubmit. Starting with OJS 3.0.2, it’s also in the plugin gallery for direct installation from within OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks asmecher, you know where I find how to go from 3.0.1. To 3.0.2.?

Hi @Cristhian_Uriona,

There are upgrade instructions in every release in docs/UPGRADE.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello,
I have a difficult problem to solve. I don’t understand why but the Quicksubmit plugin doesn’t work well on my OJS3 ( 3.0.2.0) . When I used it, I didn’t know where I could write the author name. Languages, Subjects, Discipline(s) and Keywords were not available for writing.

I have 23 issues (more than 240 articles) to download, I tried XML native but it’s really to much work to do : it’s seems I would have to rewrite all my xml documents.

Quick submit seems a solution to me but it’ doesn’t work well for the moment. Do you have any idea or information about that problems?
Thank you for any help

Hi @Remy_Potier,

You should see an authors list, with a link to add authors; the metadata fields can be enabled/disabled in setup. If you don’t see the authors list, check your PHP error log to see if anything relevant appears there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

There is some issue with the Gallery. Please, see here:

And here:

Hi @Ph_We,

I’m not sure that’s related to the question being asked here; are you seeing the same behavior in your install as the original poster describes?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I think, he might have stuck with some intermediate revision of QuickSubmit, as we do. Sorry, if it’s irrelevant.

Hi all,

I think the PHP error log will help resolve this; let’s see if something relevant appears there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
Thank you for your answer

I tried PHP error log and found many errors like:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/…/…/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:519) in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 59

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/…/…/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:519) in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 225

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/…/…/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:519) in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 234

or

Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUser() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/…/…/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit-master 2/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php on line 227

Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 564

Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::_isInRange() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTaskHelper.inc.php on line 114

Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::checkFrequency() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in

ETC… 14 pages of these issues
What do you think I can do?
Regards
Remy

Hi @Remy,

Take a look at your log file, then load the QuickSubmit area that you’re having trouble with, and review your log file again. Then take only the new entries at the bottom of the file, and paste them here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks @asmecher

Hope I understood properly :slight_smile:
Strict Standards: Declaration of QuickSubmitPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /home/…/…/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit-master 2/QuickSubmitPlugin.inc.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of PubIdImportExportPlugin::display() should be compatible with ImportExportPlugin::display($args, $request) in /home/…/…/plugins/importexport/pubIds/PubIdImportExportPlugin.inc.php on line 433

Notice: Deprecated call without request object. in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 813

Strict Standards: Declaration of ValidatorUrl::getRegexp() should be compatible with ValidatorUri::getRegexp($allowedSchemes = NULL) in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/validation/ValidatorUrl.inc.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of MetadataGridHandler::initialize() should be compatible with GridHandler::initialize($request, $args = NULL) in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/settings/metadata/MetadataGridHandler.inc.php on line 116

Strict Standards: Declaration of QuickSubmitForm::display() should be compatible with Form::display($request = NULL, $template = NULL) in /home/…/…/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit-master 2/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php on line 23

Strict Standards: Declaration of QuickSubmitForm::validate() should be compatible with Form::validate($callHooks = true) in /home/…/…/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit-master 2/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php on line 23

Strict Standards: Declaration of QuickSubmitForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute($object = NULL) in /home/…/…/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit-master 2/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php on line 23

Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 351

Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 582

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/…/…/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit-master 2/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php on line 193

Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUser() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/…/…/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit-master 2/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php on line 227

Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/…/…/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 564

Is It relevant?
regards
Remy

Hi @Remy,

Hmm, no, nothing there looks relevant. Would you be willing to temporarily grant me access to an account with journal manager privileges? If so, please create me an account and PM me the details. After I have a look, you can delete the account.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks, I sent u an mp

Hi all,

The problem turned out to be that the QuickSubmit plugin was uploaded with the wrong directory name. It’s important that the directory the plugin is loaded into matches the name of the plugin – in the case of Quick Submit, the plugin should be loaded into plugins/generic/quickSubmit.

Installing the plugin via the plugin gallery, rather than manually, will take are of this automatically.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

I think it was some thing eror for this GitHub - pkp/quickSubmit
When i use this in OJS 3.02 they give me a blank page after save. But when i change the plugin by using the quick submit plugin from OJS 2 version, then i put in ojs 3.02 it is still working very well.

Hi @MUHAMMAD_DAILAMI,

I’m not sure what combination you’re working with over there, but I guarantee that the OJS 2.x QuickSubmit plugin won’t work at all with OJS 3.x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

probably i am wrong. I am not really sure what i am doing, :), but the good thing is my quick submit right now is working well. After previously was always show blank page after saving. Thanks for your support…

Hi @MUHAMMAD_DAILAMI,

Glad to hear it’s working!

Regards,
Alec Smecher