OJS 2.X Email Line Break

All emails for OJS 2.X have section breaks like;

You have now been registered as a user with Journal_Name. We have
included your username and password in this email, which are needed for all
work with this journal through its website. At any point, you can ask to be
removed from the journal’s list of users by contacting me.

While it should be;

You have now been registered as a user with Journal_Name. We have included your username and password in this email, which are needed for all work with this journal through its website. At any point, you can ask to be removed from the journal’s list of users by contacting me.

Hi @esciencepress,

We’ve moved to HTML-formatted messages in OJS 3.x, including a rich text control for editing them, and this kind of limitation will no longer apply. It’s not a priority to go back and fix it in OJS 2.x, though I’d be happy to review a pull request.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Actually we are still at OJS 2.X. Can you please assist?

Hi @esciencepress,

This will take some PHP coding and debugging experience. If you have those skills, perhaps I can suggest where to start.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks!

Yes I know basics of dealing with such stuff. We can start.

Hi @esciencepress,

Here is the commit that was mostly responsible for adding HTML support to the OJS pre-3.x codebase. You’d need to port this to the OJS 2.x codebase, adapting as needed for the differences between the two codebases. *8929* Permit HTML emails · pkp/pkp-lib@61a8021 · GitHub

However, I do think a better use of the effort required would be to upgrade to OJS 3.x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher