OJS 2 upgraded to OJS 3.1 → OJS 3.3.0-10 (delete unasigned submissions)

Hello.

We upgraded an OJS 2 to 3.1 and then to 3.3.0-10, at once.

In dashboard, admin have 20 unasigned submissions.

We can’t delete, there isn’t delete button.

If i click submission’s “view” button

You do not currently have sufficient privileges to view the submission. Please edit your profile to ensure that you have been granted the appropriate roles under "Register As". 

If i use script php

# php7.3 tools/deleteSubmissions.php 326
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getUsername() on null in /var/www/clients/client1/web55/web/lib/pkp/classes/services/PKPSubmissionFileService.inc.php:597
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web55/web/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionDAO.inc.php(129): PKP\Services\PKPSubmissionFileService->delete(Object(SubmissionFile))
#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web55/web/classes/submission/SubmissionDAO.inc.php(51): PKPSubmissionDAO->deleteById('326')
#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web55/web/tools/deleteSubmissions.php(56): SubmissionDAO->deleteById('326')
#3 /var/www/clients/client1/web55/web/tools/deleteSubmissions.php(62): SubmissionDeletionTool->execute()
#4 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/clients/client1/web55/web/lib/pkp/classes/services/PKPSubmissionFileService.inc.php on line 597

Then, submission disappears, but if i reload i keep watching in the counter on Unasigned (1).

How can i delete this submissions?

Can i update some table to assign DECLINED to all submissions unasigned?

Thanks.

Screenshot

Hello @asmecher , can you give me some light? Thanks

Hi @juanito

Are those submissions from an specific user or from different ones? Are you using a Super Admin or a Journal Editor user to manage the workflow?

Best,
Israel

Hello @israel.cefrin . Thanks for your reply.

Thoses submissions haven’t user or author. It’s strange.

I am using Super admin.

If i give all user roles to super admin i can enter to authorDashboard
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 23-15-10 Comunicaciones en Póster presentadas en el XII Congreso Español de Salud Ambiental Spanish Journal of Environmental Health
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 23-15-27 Comunicaciones en Póster presentadas en el XII Congreso Español de Salud Ambiental Spanish Journal of Environmental Health

But i can’t do anything.
Thanks

Hi @juanito

It seems these are imported submissions. If they were already published, maybe you need unpublish them and try to remove them using CLI commands, i.e.: php tools/deleteSubmissions.php

Best,
Israel

Thanks @israel.cefrin .

I did:

nano lib/pkp/classes/services/PKPSubmissionFileService.inc.php

To comment line 597 with #

#'username' => Application::get()->getRequest()->getUser()->getUsername(),

To execute

php7.3 tools/deleteSubmissions.php 482 481 480 479 478 477 475 474 473 472 471 470 469 468 467 466 350 346 334 326

To uncomment line 597

nano lib/pkp/classes/services/PKPSubmissionFileService.inc.php
'username' => Application::get()->getRequest()->getUser()->getUsername(),

Thanks

Hi @juanito
Did it work? Why did you have to comment the line? Was it not working running the command?

Best,
Israel

1 Like