OJS-2.4.8 Blank Reviewer reminders being sent

Have one journal that we are testing the auto reminder to see what happens.
Sent out an email on March 2 using REVIEW_REQUEST_ONECLICK.
Had the set up 2.2 review time set to 4 weeks. Reviewer Reminders set to 3 days and 0 days.
An email was sent out after 3 days.
Trouble is the subject and body are both blank. Assumption is that the email template being used is
REVIEW_REMIND_ONECLICK which has a subject and a body in the template.

Why would the automatic reminder subject and body be blank.

Thanks,
Edward

Hi @EdwardDavid,

The REVIEW_REQUEST_ONECLICK template is not new; it’s been around since at least 2.3.x and I didn’t look farther back than that. It should definitely be in your database. If it isn’t, add it manually e.g. using the Prepared Emails interface.

There is one bug in OJS 2.4.8 that we’ve noted: the REVIEW_REQUEST_REMIND_AUTO_ONECLICK template isn’t installed as it should be during upgrade. But it sounds like you’ve identified a different template as missing in this case.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello,

I would confirm this bug: in my 2.4.8 installations there isn’t any REVIEW_REQUEST_REMIND_AUTO_ONECLICK template.

Is there a fast way to fix it?

I can not get in every journal of every installations and manually add the template.

Thanks
andrea

Hi @marchitelli,

Just to check if you are using the git ojs-2_4_8 branch or the release package? The release package has the bug. I will test and double check it for the current version and will come back to you…

Thanks!
Bozana

Hi @bozana,
I am using the release package.

Thanks
andrea

Hi @marchitelli

I tested the upgrade from 2.4.8 to the current branch ojs-stable-2_4_8, which should be the same as the current release 2.4.8-1, and the upgrade worked well i.e. the e-mail template should be there with the upgrade to the current release.

Best,
Bozana

Maybe one note more: the right template is REVIEW_REQUEST_REMIND_AUTO_ONECLICK

Hi @bozana,
at the moment planning a full upgrade to 2.4.8.1 is to much for me.

Do you think that is it possible to apply this modification only pkp/pkp-lib#1054 fix the email template name · bozana/ojs@23b71f0 · GitHub
and rerun the upgrade to 2.4.8 instead of patching all OJS and upgrade to 2.4.8.1?

Thanks,
andrea

Hi @marchitelli

Yes, I believe this would be enough: to apply that patch and then use the command "php tools/upgrade.php upgrade. Please, do the Backup before running the upgrade and please let me know if it worked – the teplate REVIEW_REQUEST_REMIND_AUTO_ONECLICK should be then in the DB table email_templates_default and email_temlates_default_data, OK?

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana,

I also have an 2.4.8-0 installation where REVIEW_REQUEST_REMIND_AUTO_ONECLICK is missing, but I wouldn’t want to run the upgrade script.

Would it work just to add the entries of the template in the tables mail_templates_default and mail_templates_default_data?

best,
Carola

Yes, @carola, I think so – it would be enough to insert the e-mail template and its data… in those two “default” DB tables…

For future reference, this issue is reported (and fixed) here: