[OJS 2.4.8.5 to 3.0.2] Error Message: Unable to find a match for …(with the file name and his route into the file system)

Hello!
Im having the following problem to upgrade from 2.4.8 to 3.0.2 with the files, during the upgrade process i got the following message

WARNING: Unable to find a match for …(with the file name and his route into the file system)
Anyone know what can i do?

Hi @Esteban_MontesdeOca,

This means that a file is referred to in the database but doesn’t exist in your files_dir. It’s just a warning – the upgrade will continue – but you might check that submission to make sure you have decent copies of all relevant files (the submission, interim versions, etc). The file was missing in your old installation, so if it wasn’t a problem before, it won’t be a problem now, but there might be a gap in your audit trail because of the missing file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks! But, first,before to update from 2.4.8.5. I did the upgrade from 2.4.6 and i hadn´t that problem. Could be something that im doing wrong?

I searched by hand one of those files that appeared on the messages and the file exists.

Hi @Esteban_MontesdeOca,

Are you sure that the file exists in exactly the same location as the warning specified, i.e. both pathname and filename? If so, are its file permissions set such that OJS can access it?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher
one of the outputs say : WARNING: Unable to find a match for (nameofthefile).pdf in files/journals/2/articles/2570
Where 2570 is a folder thats contains two folders ‘public’ and ‘submission’. And the file that cant find a match is in submission/copyedit/

I did again the upgrade and i got this
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2565-10132-1-CE.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2565/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2565-10133-1-PB.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2565/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2566-10134-1-SM.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2566/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2566-10135-1-RV.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2566/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2566-10136-1-CE.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2566/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2566-10137-1-PB.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2566/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2567-10138-1-SM.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2567/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2567-10139-1-RV.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2567/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2567-10140-1-CE.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2567/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2567-10141-1-PB.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2567/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2568-10142-1-SM.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2568/”. Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2568-10143-1-RV.pdf” in “/srv/www/vhosts/revistas/files/journals/2//articles/2568/”. Skipp

Hi @Esteban_MontesdeOca,

Do those files exist (in exactly the path specified)?

When you re-ran the upgrade, did you restore your OJS 2.x files directory before executing it? The 2.x to 3.x upgrade process rearranges the files directory, so trying to run it twice will result in warnings like this if the files were already moved.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I look for every file , and i foud it.
I’m doing the following process:

1. I upgrade from 2.4.6 to 2.4.8.5 and runs Ok
  2. I change php version from 5.6 to 7.2 , to upgrade to 3.0.2 and here appeared the problem

The file folder its the same as in the main web page that is working now,which is OJS 2.4.6

Hi @Esteban_MontesdeOca,

I would not recommend sharing the same files path with a live OJS 2.x installation – when the upgrade to 3.x runs, it renames/rearranges the files directory, which will cause problems for the OJS 2.x installation, which expects the files to be in their old location.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi! I still having the problem, but, now i upgraded from 2.4.8.5 to 3.1.1 and the problem doesn’t appear, but if i try to upgrade to 3.2, the problem with the files appears again