OJS 2.4.8.2 DOI shows up faulty

Hello,
I’ve been trying to export the DOI of a new article with the DataCite plugin, and this error message shows up:

"Notification

Registration was not successful! The DOI registration server returned an error: ‘400 - bad URI(is not URI?): https://api.datacite.org/dois/10.12758/mda.%x’."

After looking at the article on the website, I saw that the DOI ending looks like this:
(journal name).%25x

I thought maybe someone had accidentally changed the settings of the DOI prefix in the plugin setup, but the settings for the sufix are still “journalname.%x” as they have always been. Our journal uses a custom identifier of “year.articlenumber”

Does anyone have any idea why this setup is not working anymore? It’s the exact same we have used in issues before, do i need to update anything? With how it is right now, we can’t export the DOI to articles.

Hi @Lydia1,

Are you sure %x is the corect setting? We are also using articlenumber, but using setting %a for it.

Regards, Primož

In OJS 2.4.8, the %x references the user-assigned custom identifier and the %a references the system-assigned article id.

Is it possible that this recent article has not had a custom identifier assigned?