OJS-2.4.7.1 Reviewer Alerts

Since the update from OJS-2.4.3 to OJS-2.4.7.1 all of my alerts from reviewers are coming in from my own email address and not the individual reviewer- is there any way to return this to the reviewer as I find it much easier to track reviewer ability and completions in my inbox with their name attached to the email and not my own?

How do I make these changes for this journal?

Thanks,
Edward

In recent versions of OJS, email sending has changed to be from a designated contact with a reply-to of the user initiating the message. This was changed due to recent advances in email spam management. See this SPF FAQ entry and this bug report and fix for more details.

One option for your inbox management of OJS emails might be to autofile them to a folder that has the reply-to column header turned on.

Hi @ctgraham,
Your comment:-
One option for your inbox management of OJS emails might be to autofile them to a folder that has the reply-to column header turned on

Can you expand on how I would go about doing this?

Thanks,
Edward

That’s going to be entirely dependent on your email client… and potentially impossible. I just looked for a way to do this in Outlook and couldn’t find a viable option to display the reply-to field.