Hi PKP Community,
OJS 3.0 is out now (Hoooray!). But OJS 2.4.6 is still there and some crazy people like me are upgrading to it. So, I’m glad to share with you our new OJS 2.4.6 custom installation. Here’s the link: http://www.relacionesinternacionales.info/ojs/index.html
And because open source rules, everything is on GitHub: https://github.com/relaciones-internacionales-journal
You will find this custom OJS 2.4.6, our previous custom OJS 2.4.2, the two plugins described below and some more detailed info.
Thanks to the PKP Team and the PKP Community members for their help . Our custom installation is now cleaner and easier to mantain.
- OJS 2.4.6
- Bootstrap 3.3.5
- FontAwesome 4.3
- JQuery 1.11.3 (needed for BS)
- JQuery Migrate 1.2.1
- Custom back-end and front-end design
- Responsive design: mobile, tablet and desktop CSS stylesheets
- User can choose between 2 styles, dark & light
- Sticky header in desktop version
- Menu toggle in mobile & tablet versions
- Issues + Articles Carousel in journal frontpage
- Cookies Notice
- Google Structured Data Markup added in article and issues templates
- Google Fonts: Roboto (
<h4>), Open Sans (
<a>, etc), Crimson Text (
- Override folder: includes all template changes, except those made in lib > pkp subfolders and plugins folders. Also contains custom CSS and JS files.
- Plugin AddCssJs. See: https://github.com/relaciones-internacionales-journal/add-CSS-JS-plugin
- Plugin IssueCarousel: from Ictineo’s plugin: https://github.com/ictineo/ojs-issueCarousel. Updated to 2.4.6 and modified. See: https://github.com/relaciones-internacionales-journal/issue-carousel-plugin
- Block plugins and some block.tpl files modified to add FontAwesome and CSS rules.
Code, install and issues in Github (see above). If you have any questions or any issue, go ahead and ask!
Next step, OJS 3. That’s all folks!
As usual, some screenshots:
Frontpage / Mobile - Dark
search / authorDetails.tpl / Desktop – Light
Article / Tablet - Light - Menu expanded
Manager / Plugins / plugins.tpl / Desktop - Light
sectionEditor / submissionEditing.tpl / Desktop – Light - copy-edit tab open