OJS 2.3.1.2 only 1 Subscription Managers receives BOOK ORDER CONFIRM email

HI all,
hope to find help in here because I’ve tried everything to solve this.

I setup 4 Subscription managers on my OJS site, all of them are supposed to receive the email confirmation when a book has been sold. Unfortunately only the first Subscription Manager receive the email,

The email template is BOOK ORDER CONFIRM, from the “Prepared Emails” I can see the email template and eventually change it.

Any idea please

Thanks
Marcello

Hi @marcello8080,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information with your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi … my OJS version is 2.3.1.2,

unfortunately we cannot update the OJS version because it has been modified and merged this another system.

The problem is: the notification “BOOK ORDER CONFIRM” is supposed to send a confirmation email to all the Subscription Managers anytime a book is sold, but only one of them receives the email.

Any idea?

thanks

Hi @marcello8080,

That notification is probably a custom modification – I don’t think there’s anything like that built into OJS 2.x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Can you please tell me how the notification has been sent out on OJS, in theory that notification should sent an email to all the Subscription Managers but only one receives the notification,

I can provide the code of the notification class.

In Home > Journal Management > Prepared Emails I can see the BOOK ORDER CONFIRM email and I can modify its body. But I need to understand how the notification works before change the code.

BOOK ORDER CONFIRM - Subscription Manager - Book Purchase Confirmation

Hi @marcello8080,

OJS 2.x doesn’t have a BOOK ORDER CONFIRM email in it – this seems to be something custom added to your installation. I’m afraid I can’t help debug custom code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Can you just please tell me how the notification works, about the OJS configuration, and I’ll figure out if my OJS is setup properly.

Thanks

Hi @marcello8080,

I’m not sure what you’re asking, if not about BOOK_ORDER_CONFIRM specifically. Can you rephrase the question?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

I’d like to know the way the email notification work on OJS. Do you know what the connection between email notification ans user is? Which tables of the Database are involved in this?

Thanks
Marcello

Hi @marcello8080,

This will depend on the notification. Notifications are stored in the notifications and notification_settings tables.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks a lot Alec, you have been very helpful and kind,

Are you aware of the fact that the table “user_settings” manages the permissions in order to allow users to receive notifications?

Please let me know

Thanks
Marcello

Hi @marcello8080,

OJS 2.3.1-2 is quite old, but I don’t recall anything like that stored in user_settings off the top of my head.

Regards,
Alec Smecher