OHS OAI patch needed

I have a problem with set names in OHS. setSpec is the same with setName. It is not good, it is not valid some times. There is no tgis problem in OJS. May be someone can port this code from OJS to OHS?

Hi @IdeaFix,

The OAI interface from the harvester is not intended to exactly duplicate the OAI interface from OJS; sets in OJS are either journals or sections, and sets in OHS are archives. They won’t use the same identifying information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Is it possible to use not archive name but archive id, or encoded archive name (as in OJS)? I think it is not very hard to make.

The main problem is in cyrillic (and other non latin) symbols and spaces in the setSpec.

Hi @IdeaFix,

The setspecs are not intended to be human-readable, so I don’t think it’s a problem if they’re encoded – the SetName is the human-readable part. But if you want to change the way sets are named, e.g. using the IDs instead, you should be able to do that by making a few changes in the two files in classes/oai/harvester/.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

H have a problem with integration with workdcat digital collection gateway. Cyrillic names of Specs makes digital collection gateway unhappy (c)

Can you help me with modification of code? Can you show the diff to change setspec from archive name to archive id, or may be to endoded name.

Hi @IdeaFix,

Are they presenting set specs to the user? Or is harvesting of the set not working? Feel free to PM me a URL and set name for your harvester installation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher