OCS - new sched conf not allowing registration link

Hello.

I’ve created a new sched conf inside a conf (it’s the second edition of the conf).

Everything seems to work fine (i.e. I can submit an abstract to it for example), but the registration ISN’T!

Before anybody says anything, I know I don’t have “beautiful links” for now etc…

The website is www.estudosmayas.net and you can test it from “registration” in the home.

The direct link for what was supposed to be the registration page for the curr conf is http://www.estudosmayas.net/?conference=encontro&schedConf=2encontro&page=schedConf&op=registration

But it keeps redirecting to the conf’s home again…

Any clues on how to solve this?

BTW, it’s OCS 2.3.6.0.

Best regards,
Thiago

Hi @Thiago,

Can you double-check to make sure your payment plugin is configured? If it isn’t, it’ll cause users to bounce off the registration link to the homepage.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi again, @asmecher, and thanks for your continued support.

Yes, the payment plugin is configured properly.

It was working perfectly last year, for example - although in our case we use it only for registration (no payment needed). And it is now working again, thanks to your tip!

I actually discovered a little bug is in place (at least it can be defined as such for cases like mine - of a free event):

There is no default text for the “Manual Payment Settings” instructions, BUT it’s an obligatory field. Last year I was playing around in every corner of OCS, and wrote in this field that “Our event is free” and so on, so that’s why I probably did not find this “free-event-bug” at the time; but now I thought that “USD 0” was self-explanatory and had to work on another fronts.

Don’t know how to address it to the developers of OCS 3.1 (I’m looking forward to migrate to it for the next year), and not even if this remain as a problem in this future version, but a simple/default text in this obligatory field, or forcing it to appear when the conf’s manager sets the costs (or force to go to the payment settings before finishing registration settings when the first type of registration is created) would solve the problem/save time for others that might be in the same situation of a free event.

Anyway, here are my 2 cents, hoping that the next version can handle free events better (no need for setting “0” as the cost - the option to choose between setting a cost or defining as “free” would be very cool, for example).

Once again, thank you very much for your support!

Best regards from Brazil,
Thiago

Hi @Thiago,

Yes, this is an area that has caused confusion occasionally and I agree that it should be improved when/if we make another release of OCS. Just to clarify, entering some text in that field resolves the issue?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry for the delay, @asmecher

Exactly what you said!

Best regards,
Thiago