OAI-PMH questions

Hi all -
We’re trying to get OAI to work in our OJS 3.1.2.1 and are having trouble.

Here’s the base URL: https://journals.library.msstate.edu/index.php/index/oai

ListSets and ListMetadataFormats appear to be working but nothing else is. We’re not sure where to go from here - we’ve ensured that our public journals are publicly enabled, that OAI access is checked in the Distribution settings, we’ve enabled and disabled plugins. Does anyone have any ideas for what we could try next?

Our goal is to harvest the contents of our journals into collections in our DSpace repository for long-term storage.

Thank you for any insight you can share!

Hi Julie,

There appears to be a database error with your installation:

https://journals.library.msstate.edu/index.php/index/oai?verb=Identify

Can you provide a bit more information about your installation? What platform is it running on? Was it ever upgraded from a previous version of OJS and did that upgrade run cleanly?

Cheers,
Jason

We did just upgrade earlier this week, and it was a bit choppy, but this functionality wasn’t working before the upgrade either – we were hoping it’d fix things.

Here’s some info about the installation.

image002.jpg

Hi Julie,

I think your attached image is broken. I just see a blank white square.

Cheers
Jason

i have the same problem with OAI. I use OJS 3.1.4

How to fix it?

thank you

Guess it didn’t like being emailed.

Setting Name Setting Value
OS platform Linux
PHP version 7.2.19-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
Apache version Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
Database driver postgres
Database server version PostgreSQL 10.10 (Ubuntu 10.10-0ubuntu0.18.04.1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1) 7.4.0, 64-bit

Ah yes, postgres. Always so picky. This might be a bug in OJS. Can you try editing the file:

classes/oai/ojs/OAIDAO.inc.php

and changing line #241 to

JOIN journal_settings jsoai ON (jsoai.journal_id = j.journal_id AND jsoai.setting_name=? AND jsoai.setting_value=\'1\')

The change is to wrap the number 1 in single quotes, with the \ to escape them.

I don’t have a postgres installation to test this on, but I suspect that this may be the problem.

Cheers,
Jason

Hi @jshedd

Out of curiosity, I took a look and noticed that your installation is working now. Can I assume that the small fix remedied the situation?

Cheers,
Jason

It does seem to have fixed it. Thanks so much for your help!

DSpace is still not recognizing it, but I think that’s a DSpace problem, so I’ll go bother that group with it. :slight_smile:

hi guys, anyone have a solution for this? i stuck of this.

Hi @Muhammad_Khoiruddin,

I’ve responded to your other post. Please try to post each question just once.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team