OAI Enable doesn't run

Hello,

I installed OJS 2.4.6 a week ago. I have enabled checkbox “Enable this journal to appear publicly on the site” but it doesn’t run.
The OAI returns nothing:
www.cecampomontiel.es/recm/index.php/index/oai

The config.inc.php is correctly and, so, I can’t generate the metadata xml.
I have uploaded all the papers with the plugin “quicksubmit”.

Ergo, repositories like Worldcat said:
Error: Not all required tests passed, you cannot add this repository.
SUCCESS: Testing URL Uniqueness
SUCCESS: Testing URL Validity
SUCCESS: Testing Availability
SUCCESS: Testing OAI Support
SUCCESS: Testing DC Format Support
UNSUPPORTED: Testing OCLC DC Format Support
SUCCESS: Testing List Sets
SUCCESS: Testing Set Uniqueness
FAILED: Testing List Records
SKIPPED: Testing Actionable URL Identifier

Actually I don’t know what I have to do. I’m self-taught person and without computing knowledge that arrive to this point in which I don’t know how to continue. I’m locked.

So, any help is welcome.

Best greetings

Pedro R. Moya-Maleno

Hi @cecm,

There are a lot of potential problems that might be involved here. It sounds like you’ve already checked the obvious ones, but the remaining ones will require some exploring, particularly in the database. Your host may provide access to a tool like phpMyAdmin that permits database access via a web interface.

First, check to make sure that the mutex table contains records.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi all,

I have been helping Pedro for a while and when the issue become wired I suggested to post here.

We noticed this post: http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12195

Yes, “mutex” table is empty but the hosting company don’t offer ssh or any kind of terminal… so I’m wondering about the easiest way to follow.

Cheers,
m.

Hi @marc and @cecm,

The mutex table should always have fixed content, described in pkp-lib/mutexData.xml at ojs-dev-2_4 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub – it’s an SQL trick used to support UNION queries without actually using UNION for the sake of older versions of MySQL and PostgreSQL. You can easily create the data there manually using something like phpMyAdmin or run the script to create it:

php tools/dbXMLtoSQL.php -data execute lib/pkp/xml/mutexData.xml

However, if that table is empty, I suspect it means that the installation or an upgrade wasn’t completed successfully. Other data might be missing or incomplete. Did you get a message when you installed saying that the installation completed successfully?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks Alec. An insert to mutex table did the job.

Just in case others arrive to a similar issue, this is the default data for mutex table:

INSERT INTO `mutex` (`i`) VALUES (0),(1),(2),(3),(4),(5),(6),(7),(8),(9);

Pedro, your journal now return stuff via OAI:
http://www.cecampomontiel.es/recm/index.php/index/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc

Let us know if you got in trouble.

BTW, first installation failed because a plugin was wrongly uploaded and crashed.
We remove DB content and upload the missing files and second one worked like a charm (with the “completed successfully” final message).

OT: I miss something in this forum… Would be nice to flag content as “solved” don’t you think?

Hi @asmecher,

I can not export the metadata via OAI-PMH, and a colleague gave me the link of this page and ran the command: “php tools / dbXMLtoSQL.php -data run lib / pkp / xml / mutexData.xml” and now the following message appears error: "Fatal error: Call to a member function getProperties () on a non-object in / home / storage / f / e9 / 25 / paulorodrigues1 / public_html / ojs / ijmp / lib / pkp / plugins / oaiMetadataFormats / dc / PKPOAIMetadataFormat_DC.inc.php on line 31 ". Could you help me solve? I am using the OJS-2.4.8.1 version.

Regards,

Paulo

Hi @prdr30,

That command line doesn’t look right to me – the -data run should be -data execute, I think – but before you run it again, can you describe the problem you were initially trying to resolve with that command?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I was having trouble exporting metadata via OAI-PMH, and a colleague spent the link to the page that had this command. After running this command, the system began to show the records, but not in detail shows the metadata of the journal or articles. Introducing the above error.

Regards,

Paulo

Hi @prdr30,

First, let’s check whether your mutex data is correct. Can you run the following in MySQL and post the output?

SELECT * FROM mutex;

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

The data presented is: i = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
In addition to the Mutex table, which other tables that OAI, references?
I’m finding that any further reference is not correct.

Regards,

Paulo

Hi @prdr30,

That data is correct – no need to worry about the mutex table any more.

Is it possible that your installation was partially upgraded? It sounds to me like some of the metadata plugins might not be properly registered with the system.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

It is to carry out the registration of plugins?
If you have any command you can run to try to know the status of the system?

Regards

Paulo

Hi @prdr30,

For a start, try running…

php tools/upgrade.php check

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

The feedback system is as follows:
Code version: 2.4.8.1
Database version: 2.4.8.1
Latest version: 2.4.8.1
your system is up-to-date

regards,

paulo

Hi @prdr30,

Can you try executing this query in your database and post the results?

SELECT * FROM versions WHERE product_type='plugins.metadata';

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Returns no rows.
It has the lines: plugins.oaiMetadataFormats

regards,

paulo

Hi @prdr30,

OK, that’s the problem – your metadata format plugins aren’t registered with the system. Start by ensuring that they exist in your installation by checking the contents of plugins/metadata/ against the files in the distribution package for your version of OJS (2.4.8-1). If you find that files are missing there, put them in place, then run the upgrade script (php tools/upgrade.php upgrade) to register the plugins. Make sure you take a backup before doing this, just in case.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

This displaying the following error message:
-bash-3.2$ php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
ojs2 has produced an error
In file: /home/storage/f/e9/25/paulorodrigues1/public_html/ojs/ijmp/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php
At line: 241
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
[pre-install]
[load: upgrade.xml]
[version: 2.4.8.1]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/signoff.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/common.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/groups.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/log.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/announcements.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/scheduledTasks.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/temporaryFiles.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/metadata.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/reviews.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/reviewForms.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/controlledVocab.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/submissions.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/comments.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/notes.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/gifts.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/mutex.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/tombstone.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/metrics.xml]
[schema: dbscripts/xml/ojs_schema.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/indexes.xml]
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/storage/f/e9/25/paulorodrigues1/public_html/ojs/ijmp/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2172

Hi @prdr30,

Please restore your database from backup, then edit your php.ini to extend your memory_limit to a much larger value – e.g. 256M. Then try again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I put 512M, but still the error keeps popping up.
Its run by stages?

Regards,

Paulo