OAI adherence WolrdCat testing

Hello, We use the latest OJS and we registered WorldCat account. When I add our URL http://eap-iea.org in adding repository in our account we are prompted that some test are successfull but some are not.
SUCCESS: Testing URL Uniqueness
SUCCESS: Testing URL Validity
SUCCESS: Testing Availability
FAILED: Testing OAI Support
All OAI medtadata plugins are enabled. Whate else we have to do in order to make our OJS to adhere to OAI rules.
Thanks

I entered URL
http://eap-iea.org/index.php/eap/oai
and it has worked well so far.

Hi @vvucic,

That appears to work fine for me too. Without more information about what kind of testing WorldCat is doing, it’s impossible to know what it’s complaining about.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I contacted support of World Cat and we managed that collections are accepted. But, I noticed that collections are named after sections. Two collections got names EC_funded resources and OpenAccess Driver set. Item within OpenAccess Driver is a list of reviewers that is published in one issue of journal. Is that something messed up?
Please advise

veki

Hi @vvucic,

That set is added by the DRIVER plugin, which I suspect you’ve enabled under “Generic Plugins”.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello,
I disabled it for now. Actually, it produced a lot of errors.
I have got during the validation process for one set
Record contains validation errors. 245 $a or 245 $k must be present.
I am not sure what I have to do in OJS to prevent that.

Please advise.
Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

I’m not sure whether Wordcat is trying to use marc or marcxml metadata formats, but it appears to be one of the two. Both are written to include the article title in the journal’s primary locale as the a field of the 245 tag. Have you previously changed the primary locale of your journal? If so, that might explain why the title might not be available in its primary locale; that’s usually a required field.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello, That has happened to our section that we call Impressum in which all impressum/imprint data are published. Two times it did not work but when I tried later the WorldCat site did not complain and returned that validation was successful so I did not change anything.
Thanks anyway.

Veki