Null notifications, what are those supposed to be?

@gonzalognzl , @rcgillis is there a way to remove these null notifications or is this a bug?

@luizborges We are also affected by these null notifications from january-february

@luizborges did you get any solution or work around ?

I’ve been assigning issues from the Preservation Network to me, I’ll investigate this one soon :grin:

Best,
Jonas

3 Likes

@jonasraoni thank you :slight_smile:

hi @jonasraoni, any update on this would be great :slight_smile: thank you

Hi @sharma!

I have a list of higher priority things to check before this one, but as the topic is assigned to me, I’ll come back with news as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Best,
Jonas

2 Likes

@jonasraoni thank you :slight_smile:

hi @jonasraoni is there any update? the null notifications are spreading to other OJS sites also on our side.

Hi!

Unfortunately no updates yet :slight_smile:
We’re working on the server upgrade, which has a higher priority, so I’ll be personally unable to take a look on this in the nearest future, but it’s on my todo list.

Best,
Jonas

1 Like

hi @jonasraoni , any update on this? My newly created OJS sites are also displaying null notifications. can you please let us know what these notifications are? anything to start with?

thank you

Hi!

I’m kind of booked until November, so I’m not sure I’ll be able to check it until there, once things get a bit peaceful here, I’ll try to drop some minutes/hours on it :slight_smile:

Best,
Jonas

hi @jonasraoni , is there something that we can do from our side? anything to help you? Please let us know.

Thank you

Hi!

I’ll need some help with this just if I’m unable to simulate the problem. But as I’m still overloaded, the only real help would be someone sending a ready solution :grin:

Best,
Jonas

hi @jonasraoni any update on this?

Hi @deepakc!

Not yet, but at least now I’m closer to check this one (I’ve started fixing bugs in the plugin this week) :slight_smile:

Best,
Jonas

Greetings

There is no definitive solution yet, but if you need to not get null notifications, in my case I disabled the PKP PN module and it worked for me. This would be a temporary solution

Hi!

I’ll finally work on this :upside_down_face:

Given we’re actively supporting only OJS >= 3.3.0, could you tell me which OJS version are you guys using? I’ve skimmed the code and I think I saw what’s missing.

I think I’ve seen this problem happening at OJS 3.1.2, and I guess it stopped happening in newer versions (I could simulate in OJS 3.3.0).

I’ve created this issue to handle it:

Best,
Jonas Raoni

If someone is willing to fix the issue at older branches/versions, here’s the commit with the fix for OJS 3.3.0: Bugfix/stable 3 3 0/67 fix empty notifications by jonasraoni · Pull Request #70 · pkp/pln · GitHub

As we haven’t updated the code related to notifications recently, it should probably work fine.

Best,
Jonas Raoni

Hello Jonas,
Will you produce a new release for the plugin? I have the last one (2.4.0.2 from 2021) installed and noticed that my codebase is very different than the one you created the commits to.