Null notifications in some journals

Description of issue or problem I’m having:

When i login into some journals, i see null notifications. they just go away after some time. Some of the users see these null notifications all over their screen which is annoying.

if i logout and login again. i don’t see these notifications. they come back if i don’t sign in for couple of days

i tried to cancel them however they come back after some days. i don’t know where to look.

any help would be appreciated. these notifications are annoying now. its been 3-4 months that i am facing them.

thank you
Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 9.52.46 AM

is it known bug? even the database table notification shows : null.

are they announcements by OJS? (maybe that announcements are coming in as null notifications)

Hello @dsingh,

Perhaps you could provide a screenshot of the errors you’re seeing?
Also - what version of OJS are you using (e.g. 3.3.0-8)?

-Roger
PKP Team

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 9.52.46 AM
version : 3.2.1.1

@rcgillis any help would be appreciated on this. Null notifications are really annoying.

is it because of this version?
what are these null notifications:
are they terms updated notifications?
are they task related notifications?

now its coming on more then 2 OJS sites.

Hello @dsingh,

Sorry - I’m not sure what to suggest in this case. However, I did notice that these types of notifications are discussed here: Null notifications, what are those supposed to be? - #14 by ctgraham

I will see if another team member can weigh in when they are available.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

@rcgillis thanks for your comment on this post however i was not able to get any solution from that link to tackle these null notifications.

it would be great if you can consult this with someone. for sure i am not the only one getting this. first, it started with 1-2 ojs sites and now its affecting 4-5 ojs sites.
i don’t know the place where i can turn them off or know what these notifications represent.

thank you

Hi @rcgillis i am still stuck on this. I thought marking tasks as read can help but null notifications are still coming. Now null notifications have affected other OJS sites also.

can you please find someone who can help with this issue