Novice question

My first time download and installed ojs
Does anyone could kindly tell me how can I slove this problem? (after I unziped the installation file and wan to set it)
Warning : require_once(classes/core/Application.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 32

Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘classes/core/Application.inc.php’ (include_path=’.:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/classes:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/pages:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/pages:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/opt/php56/lib/php’) in /home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 32

where did you download it from?

from https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download/

So does the file /home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php exist?

Yes, I checked this as well.

does php have the permission to read the file?

You could look at the checklist here: require - PHP - Failed to open stream : No such file or directory - Stack Overflow

Many thanks for reply.
However, I do not have any knowledge about programming:disappointed_relieved:
So. I do not know how to check it. :disappointed_relieved:maybe I should seek for programer’s help.

Hi all,

It looks to me like classes/core/Application.inc.php is missing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Yes! please tell me where I can find this file? my version is ojs-2.4.8-3

Hi @woaipjma,

That file should be in the .tar.gz file you downloaded.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks! now I upload again and the problem is gone. However, the http://www.kmel-journal.org/ojs/index.php/index/install
is totally blank now, please teach me what’s wrong now?

You have to complete form with requested detaisl and click on green button down below all fields on page and install OJS.

Thanks for help!
Now I completed the form according to your comment and click on green button to install, there is aanother fatel error:
Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ThemePlugin.inc.php’ (include_path=’.:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/classes:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/pages:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/pages:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/opt/php56/lib/php’) in /home2/maggiewanghk/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 32

Could you see and help me to know if I miss any files still???

please help me again.

When I go to link you mentioned above I see that you have installed OJS. Did you solve the problem?