"Notify Users"email template modification

Is it possible to modify the “Notify Users” email template to include the option to attach a file – making it possible to use that function to send a file via email attachment to all readers?

Hi @rexdmatthews,

What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

OJS ver. 2.4.8.0. I’m the journal manager; the OJS software is installed and maintained by the IT staff of my university.

Hi @rexdmatthews,

That’ll require a bit of Smarty and PHP expertise to accomplish. If you have someone on hand who can tackle this, I can suggest where to start.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

So I gather this would not be an easy “stock” modification but would require some custom programming, and that’s out of my league. I’ve no idea what “Smarty” is. I’ll have to check about this with the university IT folks and get back to you. In the meantime, I suggest y’all think about adding that capability to the basic function of OJS.

Hi @rexdmatthews,

We’re currently focusing on OJS 3.0 – due for release this summer [i.e. soon] – and in the meantime feature additions that we make to 2.4.x would need to be implemented twice (once for 2.4.x and once for 3.0), which we’d like to avoid as much as possible.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Understandable. Please consider my suggestion that the capability I mentioned be added for version 3.0 – and good luck with its completion.