Noification to admin email

Hello
I use ojs 3.0.2.0
I’m the admin of ojs (technical support, I have installed and set up ojs form my client), and I have entered (journal settings / principal contact) as a principal’s contact the e-mail of my client and included the other person to receive the copy of notification in workflow settings / submission.
However I’m receiving notifications each time there is a new submission also. How can I cancel notifications to my e-mail (e-mail address I used during ojs installation)?
Also I just received confirmation from my client whose e-mail in in principal’s contacts, that he doesn’t receive notifications. So in means notifications goes somehow to me, instead of him.

Hello,

I think what you refer also applies in a multi-journal OJS. In my case, all notifications are sent from the admin site contact and when users from different journals reply that email, I receive them all and not the specific support contact of the specific journals. There has to be a way to work around this issue.

Best regards

yes, that’s looks like my issue. Probably the solution should be to somehow replace admin’s e-mail to principals. but on the other hand I don’t feel comfortable to access admin’s panel with someone’s e-mail…

Hello,

Any thought about this? It should be the journal contact email and not the email of principal contact in http://xxx/admin/settings.
Isn’t this an issue for more users? Or there was a fix?

Best regards

Hi all,

The emails should be going to the CC’d contacts, and not the site administrator. Just to confirm, is this the message that begins: “Thank you for submitting the manuscript…”?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @asmecher,

It is the “New notification from…” email message. When someone receives the notification about a submission and replies to it, I receive the emails and not the contact of the specific journal.

Thank you
Best regards

Hi @digitojs,

Ah, I see. What is the text of the notification?

We have already committed a change for the next release whereby notifications come from the journal contact if the notification is related to a particular journal; see use context specific reply-to address if available · pkp/pkp-lib@c14a7e3 · GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

it is the NOTIFICATION email model that is sent when there is a new submission.
I will apply that fix and see if it solves the issue.

Thank you!
Best regards

Hello,
I get notifications about new submission. It is in Portuguese, even thought admin panel is in English, but this is not a concern. So, I need all notifications to go to "Reply-to"email or Journal manager (the same person.
Where I specify CC’d contact? It the section of workflow settings → submission -->Notification of Author Submission?

Hi @Mila_Simakova,

Have you tried the patch linked above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,
Sorry, I’m a bit slow.
Can you please advise, what do I do with that patch?
Pull/copy PKPNotificationOperationManager.inc.php ?
What this patch suppose to do? The notification will go from journal contact? Sorry, didn’t really get what it does.

Hi @Mila_Simakova,

That change causes notifications to come from the journal contact if the notification is related to a particular journal. To apply it, you can either use git (if you’re famliiar), or you can download the patch by adding .diff to the end of the URL that describes the changes. There’s lots of information on how to apply patches online.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,
I didn’t try the patch yet, because I need notifications to come TO the primary journal contact, not FROM. In notifications I receive it does come from the journal with "reply-to"primary contact…
The problem is that I receive the notifications about submissions (admin), when I don’t care. And the journal manager (primary contact) do not receive anything, when he needs to know when there is a new submission.

Is that what the patch does??

As an admin, I don’t want to receive any notifications, all of them need to go TO the primary contact/manager.
In the section workflow settings → submission -->Notification of Author Submission I checked the box “send the copy to primary contact” but he doesn’t receive the notifications. that’s the problem.

Hi @Mila_Simakova,

Just to clarify, you want notifications to be received by your primary contact? Which notifications do you need this for?

If it’s for new submissions, the screenshot below should indeed cause your contact to be CC’d. Make sure you’re just specifying an email, e.g. myaddress@mydomain.com, rather than a screen name (e.g. Jane Smith <myaddress@mydomain.com>). If that doesn’t work, the best way to debug is to check your email server’s delivery logs (and spam filters) for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

if i did not have this option in the image above in my ojs3 what should i do to find it