No option to sign in as Author?

On OJS 3.3 there is this sign in page that offers the roles of Reader and Reviewer, but no Author. Why is that?

Hi @luizborges,

This may not have been configured in the settings. If you go to “Users and Roles” under “Settings” and under Author click “Edit” you should see the option to “Allow user self-registration” - after that, it should allow for the role to be selected upon registraton.

-Roger
PKP team

It is allowed, in all my journals. They can still select to be Author in the profile page, but not in the sign in page.
This definitely feels like a bug.

Hi @luizborges,

I think you’re right. I tested it in 3.3.0.1 - what version are you using? And, got the same result for the author self-registration option. I’ve filed an issue for this here: Author self-registration option not showing up despite being selected in User & Roles settings · Issue #6765 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

-Roger
PKP team

I’m on 3.3.0.3, I didn’t even see 3.3.1 available…

Hi @luizborges,

Sorry - that was actually supposed to be 3.3.0.1.

-Roger

Hi @luizborges,

Please see the update on the issue, provided by our lead developer here: Author self-registration option not showing up despite being selected in User & Roles settings · Issue #6765 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Best regards,

Roger