No file uploaded or invalid file type... while uploading logo, plugin, stylesheets

Hi,
I have recently installed OJS3 on my server and come across the following error while uploading logo, stylesheets, plugins:

Capture_upload error
Then I applied all the given solutions in No file uploaded or invalid file type!

When I contacted my server Administrators they replied that:

Your helpdesk ticket 576182 concerning your account uoch.pk has been updated by Jeff Peak with the following reply

Dear Valued Customer,
You are required to open ticket only one issue , You will open new ticket for other query.
I did investigate your issue and found your installed application is not compatible and generating warnings,Please login Cpanel and visit “/public_html/journals” to see error_log file.
You can be best assisted by contacting application development team to get requirements to run the application.

[12-Jan-2018 05:37:13 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SettingsFileUploadForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/uoch/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/form/SettingsFileUploadForm.inc.php on line 18
[12-Jan-2018 05:37:13 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of NewContextImageFileForm::fetch() should be compatible with SettingsFileUploadForm::fetch($request, $params = NULL) in /home/uoch/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/appearance/form/NewContextImageFileForm.inc.php on line 18
[12-Jan-2018 05:37:13 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of NewContextImageFileForm::initData() should be compatible with Form::initData() in /home/uoch/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/appearance/form/NewContextImageFileForm.inc.php on line 18
[12-Jan-2018 05:37:13 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of NewContextImageFileForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute() in /home/uoch/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/appearance/form/NewContextImageFileForm.inc.php on line 18
[12-Jan-2018 05:37:13 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/uoch/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 388
[12-Jan-2018 05:37:13 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/uoch/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592
[12-Jan-2018 05:37:13 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/uoch/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 388
[12-Jan-2018 05:37:13 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/uoch/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592
[12-Jan-2018 05:37:13 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/uoch/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/file/TemporaryFileDAO.inc.php on line 37

Do not hesitate to update if you are having any issue. We are always here to assist you and provide you with excellent services.

Kind Regards,
~Jeff Peak
Support Technician
Technical Support Department
ServerSea Hosting

How could I resolve the problem?
Thanks

Hi @joymunim,

The warnings in the log are just warnings, and can be ignored. We’ll be gradually working to resolve them over the next few releases. They aren’t related to the problem you’re having uploading images, stylesheets, etc.

There is a FAQ entry describing the likely causes and solutions of this error message. See Error message on upload: "No file uploaded or invalid file type!".

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

The problem resolved when the hosting provider enable Php fileinfo module.

1 Like

Esta es una alternativa de soluciĂłn:

Editar el archivo /etc/magic.mime y agregar

image/gif                                             gif
image/jpeg                                            jpeg jpg jpeg

En este enlace puede encontrar más información de los tipos de archivo https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/mime.types