New user - two template questions

Hi all

I’m a relatively new user of OJS (3.0.2). The journal, backfilled with articles from a previous platform, is almost ready to go, except for a couple of seemingly simple issues that I can’t quite resolve.

The journal can be found here: http://parrhesiajournal.org/index.php (style sheets not currently applied)

1. I would like to have the title of the article appear above the author

2. I would like to have the link on the title lead straight to the article, rather than to the page that displays the abstract (the journal does not use them).

I realize these are both probably just issues about editing the right template files but I can’t seem to locate the right ones.

Any help would be extremely welcome
~Jon

Hi @Jon_Roffe,

1. The easiest way would be uploading custom CSS. Take a look at the order property that can be applied to the children of the parent with display: flex: Ordering Flex Items - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN
  2. This is more complicated one, I’d create a child theme and override article_summary.tpl, where it’s possible to create custom links: immersion/article_summary.tpl at a815b99c199f0f1d763bb49b250a7e89ab1d8958 · pkp/immersion · GitHub. More about child themes: Child Themes. It requires knowledge of PHP and Smarty template engine.