New user gets read access to all journals

I am very new to OJS and may be my expectations are misplaced, so please correct me.

I have a (new) OJS 3 installation, and my expectation is to have a single Journal. In order to access the system users should register and then be approved to access the journal. I am aware that there is no workflow for this to happen, so I created a dummy journal (Welcome) and enabled user registration.

This works fine; user has the option to register and the entire process works as expected and the user gets access to the Welcome journal. But, if I put in the short code for the main journal this user has access there as well!

I checked under users & roles, but the user has no access to this journal. What am I doing wrong?

User registered -

User not present in the main journal -

But still the test user has access to the main journal page!

Can anyone advise?

Hi @shafeeq,

When you say the test user has access to the main journal page, which page do you mean: the public journal page, or the dashboard (which you are displaying in your screenshots)? Also, what roles do you have assigned to your user?

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks for getting back and sorry, I was doing some quick evaluations to see suitability and dumped my test install. Will give it another go and get back to this forum.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.