New OJS 3 Theme on Bootstrap 4

There is definitely an absence of author’s first name somewhere. But I agree that these requirements should be less strict. There is a place for a bigger enhancement, for now can you apply this patch? Less strict requirements for author's names in references · Vitaliy-1/JATSParser@a55555d · GitHub

1 Like

The correspondent file in the theme is here: https://github.com/Vitaliy-1/oldGregg/blob/master/jatsParser/src/JATSParser/Back/Individual.inc.php

1 Like

It solves the error. Thanks a lot @Vitaliy

Dear @Vitaliy
Is there any adjustment for OldGregg regarding the release of Ojs 3.1.2?
Newly stats feature and thematic collections

Hi @kawahyu,
Probably I’ll update this weekend.

1 Like

What are the main changes in 3.1.2?

Hi @varshilmehta,

Regarding templates, main are article categories (new feature), registration page, upgrade to Smarty 3.

1 Like

We think article categories could be like featured articles or editors’ choice which is a great additional feature for oldGregg. Is the newly stats feature appeared in article page or somewhere?

Where is this page? I couldnt find it anywhere. Is it OJS 3.1.2?

Any demo or page which show cases the new addons? I tried searching but found nothing. Even there was no announcement for it. Are they still working on it and killing some bugs?

The announcement is here https://pkp.sfu.ca/2019/03/01/ojs-3-1-2-released/

1 Like

Oh, I was looking in the forums. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Vitaliy,
Where can I change date display format for submitted and published dates on article page. I need to customize the date display format to fit the language (we use Polish and English, the php “j F, Y” format should be OK).
Regards
Piotr

Are you familiar with Smarty templates? There is a function that can display dates in a long or short format but it requires modification of a template.
e.g.:

{$article->getDatePublished()|date_format:$dateFormatLong}
{$article->getDatePublished()|date_format:$dateFormatShort}

Hi @kawahyu

Still working on an update for the theme but it requires much time as there are many modifications planned, one of which includes article landing page, index journal page and footer.

2 Likes

any news for the oldGregg updates?

The first part for the article landing page is almost done. Need to check and add localization.
The second part that involves restyling of the footer, header and journal index page will come later.

1 Like

Hi all,

New release for OJS 3.1.2: Release oldGregg-1.1.1 · Vitaliy-1/oldGregg · GitHub
Contains compatibility updates and restyling for the article landing page. Hope to make more modern look and for other pages as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi vitaly, i have try to install the new release of OldGregg for OJS 3.1.2, them i had a fatal error:

thats the description:
Thu Apr 04 09:31:37.900037 2019] [php7:error] [pid 1288:tid 1904] [client ::1:51263] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘C:\xampp\htdocs\prueba\plugins\themes\oldGregg/JATSParser/vendor/autoload.php’ (include_path=’.;C:\xampp\htdocs\prueba/classes;C:\xampp\htdocs\prueba/pages;C:\xampp\htdocs\prueba/lib/pkp;C:\xampp\htdocs\prueba/lib/pkp/classes;C:\xampp\htdocs\prueba/lib/pkp/pages;C:\xampp\htdocs\prueba/lib/pkp/lib/adodb;C:\xampp\php\PEAR’) in C:\xampp\htdocs\prueba\plugins\themes\oldGregg\OldGreggThemePlugin.inc.php on line 34, referer: http://localhost/prueba/index.php/ciso/management/settings/website

Any help?

The theme incorpored looks like that