New OJS 3 Theme on Bootstrap 4

Hi Vitality,

How can I present the about journal on the home page instead of the issue description?
Can I also use the previous version of the old Gregg with OJS 3.2.3?

Bests,
Gökmen

When do you plan to release the new version?

JATS Parser Plugin - probably in the next 3 weeks.

It will be possible, as was mentioned earlier journal summary isn’t shown right now in beta release. Issue description is optional.

I’ll need to take a look after the release if I can support that. There were a lot of changes in 3.2. What are the main concerns in using the new one?

Thank you, Vitality. I want to address the sidebar and journal description on homepage. When will you update?
Current version is also well but so slow. I don’t understand this. I checked your test website. It is similar. What is the problem?

Waiting for this update…

In case our request, displaying journal summary/description in journalIndex page, could not be fulfilled with respect to preference of style, we could customise the oldGregg ourselves.

old version of oldGregg displayed the journal description and sidebar as you wish, you might refer to it. My current journal still used it, https://jurnalbeta.ac.id. I also plan to modify the indexJournal page if the upcoming release remains similar to beta version which refer to my journal style. I already did some trial error here Mathematics Education Review

If any errors come up, I think @Vitaliy is willing to help.

The journal still use Ojs 3.1.1.4 and old oldGregg version. This version of oldGregg is not compatible with latest ojs version. I could share my modified indexJournal.tpl and its css but I am not sure it will will work in Ojs 3.2.x.x.
I plan to upgrade my journal to 3.2.0.3 after @Vitaliy release the upcoming version of oldGregg and I make some modifications. I do not think to make similar styles as https://jurnalbeta.ac.id, preferring simple and clean style.

When the upcoming version of oldGregg? Do you have any date?

Here…next three weeks

Hope in June I’ll make a new production release for Old Gregg Theme, after the new release of JATS Parser Plugin

It takes 829 ms for me to load the index page. Can you check what request takes much time to finish? In Google Chrome network tab of dev tools can be used (ctrl+shift+i).

I solved this problem. I downloaded and set up again.
Do you think to use the journal description and sidebar with new version?
If not, how can I edit pas version for OJS 3.2?

Great to hear that the problem is solved!

Only journal description. I’m not planning to add the sidebar to the whole site. Or are you thinking about the specific page?

I think for home page only.

In this case, what information would you willing to show there?

I want to present the sidebar and the journal description or about the journal on home page.

I mean what to show in the sidebar? technically, block plugins in this theme are shown in the footer. As an option I can see if it’s possible to show there only custom blocks.

I think to use several custom blocks. However, my main interest is currently about the journal on home page. I am trying to get it.